Try it - it Works!
This workshop, for academic staff at Borders Campus, aims to provide you with information and resources that you can use with your students.
The workshop will consist of three presentations.
Lunch will be provided - for catering purposes please book your place.
Work smarter; not harder. Help balance study, leisure and work.
This practical session covers how to manage your time better, get more done and still have time to go out. Students, please bring your timetable. Come along to find out how:-
- you currently use your time
- to make the most of small blocks of time
- to build revision into ongoing study
- to avoid the ‘everything coming at you at once’ challenge
- to build in time for friends/ work/ sport/ leisure
Discovery is a new tool that you can use to find books, journals, articles and much more.
This 20 minute session will demonstrate how to:
- Carry out basic searches
- Manager your own library account
- Add the most interesting resources to your own e-shelf
- Link your students directly to the most useful resources in Vision
One-to-one academic skills consultations
Our one-to-one Academic Skills consultations provide students with help to write essays and reports or to create posters or presentations using an appropriate structure and style.
Consultations last 20 minutes. Students, you can request a consultation to discuss any of the following:
- Understanding your assignment brief and planning what to write
- Using academic sources critically and effectively
- Structuring your writing to make it easy to read
- Preparing a convincing argument
- Academic writing style, grammar and vocabulary
- Presentation skills or PowerPoint slide/poster design
Consultations with students are also available over Skype