The two-storey library caters for different student learning styles and preferences. The well-designed library, overlooking a peaceful lake, is an appealing place to learn and study. The Library has a total seating capacity of 595, with 12 PCs available for students to use. Quiet study rooms have been provided for individual study, and discussion areas are provided for collaborative learning. The 365 Room is open 24 hours a day, for students who wish to study late on campus. The Wheesht Room, which is also open 24/7, is provided for students who wish to study in a silent environment. Our library offers a wide range of traditional and electronic resources. The selection of books and journals available in the library are updated throughout the academic year in response to requests from students and lecturers.
The library provides 307 study spaces, which include:
- 47 individual carrels in an open area
- 18 individual carrels in the silent study room
- 4 discussion rooms:
- Fleming Room: 5 persons
- MacLaurin Room: 5 persons
- Bell Room: 10 persons
- Miller Room: 10 person
The 365 Room
The 365 Room is located outside the library. The 365 Room is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and has 121 study spaces, including a silent PC room with 12 PCs (high performance computers) and 5 individual carrels.
Next to the 365 Room is Wheesht, the 365 Silent Room. Wheesht has 76 individual study carrels.
IT & Group Study Area
The IT & Group Study Area is designated for collaborative learning with group study and discussion areas. This room has 91 study spaces.
Microsoft Office, SPSS, Minitab, EndNote and R are available in all PC labs.
|Lab 1 (42 High Performance PCs; 1 MFD) - E1.14||Level 1, East Wing|
|Lab 2 (24 Standard PCs) - E1.15||Level 1, East Wing|
|Lab 3 (44 Standard PCs) - W1.04||Level 1, West Wing|
|Lab 4 (43 High Performance PCs; 1 MFD) - W1.03||Level 1, West Wing|
Book a room
Please book a group study facility if you want to have a discussion or group meeting in the library.
There are 4 discussion rooms on Level 3 in the Main Library.
By booking a discussion or meeting room, you are taking responsibility for the room and the equipment in it for the duration of the time it is booked to you.
- Please vacate the room at the end of the period booked (usually 2 hours). Rooms can be booked for up to 3 consecutive sessions (a maximum of 6 hours)
- The rooms must be used by 2 or more people; they are not intended for single study use
- Only use the chairs and table provided in the room, do not bring in furniture from other areas of the Library
- Leave the room clean and tidy
- Please keep noise to a reasonable level
- Users are responsible for their personal property at all times and should never leave items unattended. The library is not liable for any loss or damage to personal property
- Please leave your ID card at the library counter for the duration of your booking
- Please lock the discussion or meeting room door after use
- Please collect and return the key at the library counter. A penalty will be imposed if the room key is lost. The charge is RM30.