Microsoft Skype for Business incorporates voice calls, video calls, Instant Messaging, online meetings (up to 250 participants), and screen sharing in one solution.
HWU staff and students can access Skype for Business on the HWU desktop or a personal device.
- Instant messaging (IM), voice call or video call options
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook People makes it easy to contact HWU colleagues
- Quickly check contact availability – presence indicator shows if they are available, in a meeting or away from their desk
- Schedule online meetings for up to 250 participants —even if they don’t have Skype for Business (Skype limits are a up to 25 in a group audio call and up to 10 in a video call)
- Transfer and share files with simple drag and drop
- Hold impromptu video meetings started with the click of a button
- Present and share your screen i.e. PowerPoint presentation, whiteboard or your entire desktop during an online meeting
Platforms: Skype for Business can be used on PCs, tablets, smartphones and Macs (Lync)