Microsoft Office 2016 is the current version of Office installed on the HWU student and staff desktop.
Users can choose to enable additional language features in Office 2016 e.g. spell checkers, keyboard layouts, display and help system languages on the HWU managed desktops.
For guidance on these features see: -
Free for staff and students
Microsoft Office is free to staff and students under the terms of our Office 365 licence.
This is the full version of Office giving you access to the most current version of Office, which is currently:
Word 2016, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2016, OneNote 2016, Access 2016, Publisher 2016, Outlook 2016, Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business
Word 2016, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2016, Outlook 2016.
To qualify for the software you must be
- a current student on an active course
- a member of staff using Office 365
You can download and use the applications until your University student account expires after graduation, or you stop working for the university.
You can install Office on 5 devices across Windows and Mac platforms and 5 mobile devices - up to 10 personal devices in total. The software will run locally on your device (so you don’t need to be connected to the Internet to use it).
Quick How To….
- Log into Office 365 at https://portal.office.com/
- Click Settings (the cog at the top right of the window)
- Under Your app settings select Office 365 > Settings > Software > Office
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install Microsoft Office on your computer
Also available: -
- OneDrive cloud storage (with 1TB storage)
- Office Web Apps
- Apps for iPad and Android