All computers to be used for University work or study should be requested through Information Services via ITHelp@hw.ac.uk. Delivery and installation time from the point of request is currently around 15 to 20 business days, although we are working to reduce this. In the meantime, please submit your request at the earliest opportunity. The University currently uses HP as its desktop and laptop supplier.
The University operates a fully managed Microsoft Windows service, which provides academic, research and professional services staff and PhD students with a wide variety of ready to use software packages and applications securely configured so you can concentrate on your work without security concerns. All standard computers have their hard drives securely encrypted with Microsoft BitLocker.
When requesting a PC or laptop please provide the following information:
- The name of the member of staff or PhD student who will be using the computer
- The building and room number where the computer is to be installed
- The standard model you require from the list below
- Any additional software you will require installing
- Any special requirements (E.g. a technical requirement for a Linux operating system)
At the end of its life, the computer will be appropriately disposed of to meet UK WEEE and data protection regulations such as GDPR. Any data stored on the computer will be securely disposed of.
Please note that Information Services does not support staff connecting their own personal computers to the network to carry out University work.
The guidance below is for staff and PhD students to request computers and hardware. If you are a student in receipt of disabled students allowance, you can find information about ordering equipment on the Assistive Technology pages.
Requesting a standard computer model
Information Services currently offers the two standard models below:
Standard Desktop PC: i5 processor, 16Gb memory, 512Gb SSD drive, 20” monitor
Standard Laptop: i5 processor, 16Gb memory, 512Gb SSD drive, 20” monitor and docking station
Please note if the laptop is to be used as a second device the costs will need to be covered by your Department. Secondary monitors are available on request via ITHelp@hw.ac.uk The cost for a 20” monitor is £68 ex vat and a 24” monitor is £143 Ex VAT. When requesting a second screen please include authorisation from budget holder and a note of relevant cost codes. Where stock is available the lead time for providing secondary monitors is 1 week.
Requesting a non-standard computer
For non-standard, higher specification equipment, we would recommend the models listed below:
If you would like to order one of the above models please request this through Information Services via ITHelp@hw.ac.uk
If you require a specialist, non-standard computer for a specific research requirement or project from a supplier other than HP, this should be requested through Information Services via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not order computer equipment without discussing your requirements with Information Services first to ensure that the equipment will work securely within the University IT environment.
Delivery and installation time from the point of request is typically around 6 weeks, dependent on your requirement and supplier so please submit your request at the earliest opportunity.
Please note that any Microsoft Windows, non-standard PC or laptop equipment requested will be set up to use a Managed Windows image to ensure that it has the appropriate anti-malware and automatic Windows security patches in place.
When requesting a non-standard computer please provide the following information:
- A brief explanation of why a non-standard computer specification is required
- The name of the member of staff or PhD student who will be using the computer The building and room number where the computer is to be installed
- The supplier, full specification and quotation
- The budget code and cost centre
Please note that in order to comply with the Scottish Government’s mandate regarding Cyber Essentials Plus compliance, Information Services will require the following for any non-standard, Linux or Apple Macintosh computers:
- Full visibility of the computer on the University network
- Ability to carry out a security scan of the computer as required
- The user of the computer will ensure it is regularly updated with security patches
- An administrative account (required for a full security scan)
For the best experience, maximum performance and full access to University services, we recommend always using a wired network connection rather than a wi-fi connection.
Connecting to the University Network/ Requesting additional network points
For the best experience, maximum performance and full access to University services, we recommend always using a wired network connection rather than a Wi-Fi (Eduroam) connection.
If there are insufficient network ports in your office, additional ports can be requested through Information Services via ITHelp@hw.ac.uk.
When requesting additional network ports please provide the following information:
- The building and room number where the additional ports are required
- Any special requirements (E.g. connecting to specialist equipment)
- The MAC address of the device – if you don’t know how to obtain this please email ITHelp@hw.ac.uk for instructions.
Each wired device will need to be fully registered by Information Services before it can obtain an IP address and access to the internet.
If you or your team are planning to move office then please contact Information Services ITHelp@hw.ac.uk, providing at least 2 weeks’ notice prior to the move.
When requesting an IT office move please provide the following information:
- The proposed dates of the move.
- The building name, room numbers and data socket nos. where you are moving from and to.
- The names of all members of staff or PhD students who will be moving (inc. Group Supervisor).
- An estimate of the number of computers and telephones that need to be moved.
- The HWPCxxx or HWLAPxxx number or a list of Make/Model/Operating system.
- The MAC address of each device – if you don’t know how to obtain this please email ITHelp@hw.ac.uk for instructions.
Please DO NOT move your computer equipment yourself as you may find you have to wait for some time to be reconnected due to our other commitments.
Computer replacement and disposal
Information Services operates a rolling programme of computer refreshes on a 5 year cycle. We will contact you when your computer is due to be replaced, remove your old computer and arrange for its secure disposal. Please ensure that you have a secure copy of any files you require as any remaining files on the hard drive will be securely destroyed.
Information Services staff are working to improve all of these services, from point and method of request through to point of delivery and will update this site as soon as the new arrangements are known.