Computer Science Research
Our vision for computer science is one that champions its fundamental importance to continued advances in all areas of science, while stressing the role of foundational research in enabling a steady stream of step-changes in potential for future applications. At present we have approximately 40 academics pursuing this vision, supported by 43 researchers and 62 PhD students.
We are a founder member of the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, which pools together the top computing departments in Scotland and also provides an enriched research environment for all staff and students.
Our research groups
- Biomedical Informatics Systems Engineering
- Intelligent Systems (ISL)
- Pervasive, Ubiquitous and Mobile Applications Lab (PUMA)
- Robotics Lab
- Affective Autonomous Agents (AAA)
- Human-Robot Interaction Lab (HRI)
- Interaction Lab (IL)
- Interactive and Trustworthy Technologies (ITT)
- Texture Lab (TL)