At Heriot-Watt, we recognise that teaching and research are synergistic and that high quality postgraduate training must always be informed by professional experience and research activity.
We offer a range of postgraduate programmes, with a broad range of MSc topics available. The School also has a strong research background and there are opportunities for PhD study in all our disciplines, and we also offer the chance to participate in research study in industry via the Engineering Doctorate programme.
The EPS Student Support Office acts as a central point for finding out about our wide range of postgraduate opportunities across the school, and details of our programmes are also available on the graduate school website. Many of the subject websites carry additional information about study and research in the school.
- Sustainability Engineering, MSc / Diploma / Certificate
Electrical, Electronic & Computer Engineering
- Embedded Systems, MSc / Diploma
- Mobile Communications, MSc / Diploma / Certificate
- Robotics, MSc / Diploma
- Renewable Energy and Distributed Generation, MSc
- Smart Systems Integration (Erasmus Mundus), MSc
- Stochastic Modelling and Computational Data Science, MSc
- Vision Image & Robotics (VIBOT) (Erasmus Mundus), MSc
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering, MSc / Diploma
- Energy, MSc / Diploma
- Renewable Energy And Distributed Generation, MSc
- Renewable Energy Engineering, MSc / Diploma / Certificate
- Smart Grid Demand Management, MSc / Diploma
Further information is also available on obtaining a postgraduate degree by research.