Dr Wolf Früh
- +44 (0)131 451 4374
James Nasmyth Building
- Renewable energy technology, especially wind and marine energy
- Heat, fluid flow, and mixing in rotating fluids
- Ferrohydrodynamics of magnetic liquids or ferrofluids
- W.-G. Früh, P. Maubert, P.L. Read and A. Randriamampianina. DNS of structural vacillation in the transition to geostrophic turbulence. In J.M.L.M. Palma and A. Silva Lopes (editors) Advances in Turbulence XI, Springer Proceedings in Physics 117, pages 432-434, Porto, 25-28 June 2007. Springer Verlag.
- A. Randriamampianina, W.-G. Früh, P. L. Read, and P. Maubert. Direct numerical simulations of bifurcations in an air-filled rotating baroclinic annulus. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 561:359-389, 2006.
- W.-G. Früh. Heat transfer enhancement by thermomagnetic convection. P Jansens, A. Stankiewicz, and A. Green (editors) Sustainable (Bio)Chemical Process Technology, pages 47-56, Cranfield, 2005. BHR Group Ltd.
- W.-G. Früh. Using magnetic fluids to simulate convection in a central force field in the laboratory. Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics 12:877-889, 2005.
See also full Publications list.
- 1994 DPhil in Atmospheric Physics, St. Cross College, University of Oxford (UK): Transition to baroclinic chaos
- 1989 BA in Physics, Albert-Ludwids Universität, Freiburg (Germany)
Awards and Prizes
- 2006 Global Research Award, Royal Academy of Engineering
- 1997 EGS Young Scientists' Publication Award
- 1994 - 1996: Junior Research Fellowship, Linacre College, Oxford