Dr Huizhi Wang
- +44 (0)131 451 8354
James Nasmyth Building
Roles and responsibilities
B51GU Heat transfer and heat exchangers
B51GD Process intensification
B50PA Project 1
Energy storage and conversion, CO2 utilisation, Electrochemical systems design and analysis
- Lu X, Xuan J, Leung D Y C, Zou H Y, Li J T, Wang H L, Wang H*, A switchable pH-differential unitized regenerative fuel cell with high performance, Journal of Power Sources, 2016, 314, 76.
- Al-Kalbani H, Xuan J, García S, Wang H*, Comparative energetic assessment of methanol production from CO2: Chemical versus electrochemical process, Applied Energy, 2016, 165, 1.
- Luo Y, Jia B, Jiao K, Du Q, Yin Y, Wang H, Xuan, J. Catalytic hydrogen-oxygen reaction in anode and cathode for cold start of proton exchange membrane fuel cell, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2015, 40, 10293.
- Wang H, Luo X, Leung MKH, Leung DYC, Tang Z, Wang H, Luque R, Xuan J, In-situ photogalvanic acceleration of optofluidic kinetics: a new paradigm for advanced photocatalytic technologies, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 791.
- Wang H, Gu S, Leung D Y C, Xu H, Leung M K H, Zhang L, Xuan J, Development and characteristics of a membraneless microfluidic fuel cell array, Electrochimica Acta, 2014, 135, 467.
A full list of Dr. Wang's publications can be found from her PURE page.
Dr Huizhi Wang received her Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Hong Kong in 2012. She worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Hong Kong during 2012-2014. Huizhi joined the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences at Heriot-Watt University as an assistant professor since 2014. Her research interest lies in electrochemistry for energy storage and carbon conversion. Specifically, she has been working on the electrochemistry and thermo-fluids in the electrochemical systems / processes such as fuel cells, batteries, and electrolysers. In the field, she has over 60 publications and 7 patents. Her research is currently supported by UK Research Council, EU H2020, Scottish Funding Council and industrial sponsors.
For more information about Dr. Wang's research, please visit her research group website