Dr Daniil Yurchenko
Dr. Sc., Ph.D.
- +44 (0)131 451 8097
James Nasmyth Building
Structural and System Dynamics, Stochastic and Optimal Control, Experimental and Computational Mechanics, Mathematical Modelling, Wave and Wind Energy, Energy Harvesting, Mathematical Biology, Railway Engineering, Reliability Analysis, Earthquake engineering.
Dr. D. Yurchenko has published over 80 papers, he is a member of Editorial Boards of International Journal of Dynamics, Control and Journal of Complex Systems, Journal of Complex Systems and Applications, International Journal of Energy Engineering, Journal of Geological Resource and Engineering.
- D Yurchenko, P Alevras. Parametric pendulum based wave energy converter. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 99, 504-515, 2018
- D Yurchenko, Z.H. Lai, G. Thomson, D. Val, RV Bobryk. Parametric study of a novel vibro-impact energy harvesting system with dielectric elastomer. Applied Energy, online, 2017.
- A Bratus, I Samokhin, I Yegorov, D Yurchenko. Maximization of viability time in a mathematical model of cancer therapy. Mathematical Biosciences, 2017.
- RV Bobryk, D Yurchenko, Bratus AS. Suppression of self-excited vibrations by a random parametric excitation. Nonlinear Dynamics, 1-9, 2017.
- P Alevras, D Yurchenko. GPU computing for accelerating the numerical Path Integration approach. Computers and Structures, 171, 46-53, 2017.
- A.Bratus, I, Yegorov, D. Yurchenko, Optimal investment strategies in a certain class of stochastic Merton’s terminal wealth problems. Int. J. of Dynamics and Control, 2016.
Dr. D. Yurchenko was awarded his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, MA, USA in October, 2001. From 2001 to 2005 he was an Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department of the University of Miami. From 2005 to 2010 Daniil Yurchenko was employed as an Associate Professor in Department of Mathematical Sciences of Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnic University. In 2007 he received his Doctor of Science Degree. In 2010 he was appointed as a Reader in the Mechanical Engineering Department of Heriot-Watt University.