Dr Daniil Yurchenko
Dr. Sc., Ph.D.
- +44 (0)131 451 8097
James Nasmyth Building
Structural and System Dynamics, Stochastic and Optimal Control, Experimental and Computational Mechanics, Mathematical Modelling, Wave and Wind Energy, Energy Harvesting, Mathematical Biology, Railway Engineering, Reliability Analysis, Earthquake engineering.
Dr. D. Yurchenko has published over 80 papers, he is a member of Editorial Boards of International Journal of Dynamics, Control and Journal of Complex Systems, Journal of Complex Systems and Applications, International Journal of Energy Engineering, Journal of Geological Resource and Engineering.
- P Alevras, R. Bobryk, D Yurchenko. Stability of an autoparametric pendulum with impacts. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 333, 26, 2014.
- P Alevras, D Yurchenko. Stochastic rotational response of a parametric pendulum coupled with an SDOF system, Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, 37, 2014.
- RV Bobryk, D Yurchenko. Beneficial effect of noise in suppression of self-excited vibrations, Fluctuation and Noise Letters, 13 (03), 2014.
- P Alevras, D Yurchenko, A. Naess. Stochastic synchronization of rotating parametric pendulums, Meccanica, 1-10, 2014.
- D. Val, L. Chernin, D. Yurchenko. Reliability analysis of rotor blades of tidal stream turbines, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 121, 26-33, 2014.
- D. Yurchenko, R. Iwankiewicz, P. Alevras. Control and dynamics of a SDOF system with piecewise linear stiffness and combined external excitations”, Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, 35, 118-124, 2014
- R. Bobryk, D. Yurchenko. Noise-induced suppression of resonant vibrations. Int. Journal of Dynamics and Control, 1, 277-282, 2013.
- D. Yurchenko, P. Alevras. Dynamics of the N-pendulum and its application to a wave energy converter concept. Int. Journal of Dynamics and Control, 1, 290-299, 2013.
- A. Bratrus, Y. Todorov, I. Yegorov, D. Yurchenko. Solution of the feedback control problem in the mathematical model of leukemia therapy. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 159, 590-605,2013.
- D. Yurchenko, P. Alevras. Stochastic dynamics of a parametrically base excited rotating pendulum, Procedia IUTAM, 6, pp. 160-168, 2013.
- D. Yurchenko, A. Naess, P. Alevras. Rotational motion by a stochastic Mathieu equation. Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, 31, pp.12-18, 2013.
For a complete list of Dr. Yurchenko's publications, please go to his research profile portal.
Dr. D. Yurchenko was awarded his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, MA, USA in October, 2001. From 2001 to 2005 he was an Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department of the University of Miami. From 2005 to 2010 Daniil Yurchenko was employed as an Associate Professor in Department of Mathematical Sciences of Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnic University. In 2007 he received his Doctor of Science Degree. In 2010 he was appointed as a Reader in the Mechanical Engineering Department of Heriot-Watt University.