Achievements to Date
- Annually run Promotions workshop - where recently promoted members of staff talked informally about their promotion experience with those interested in applying for promotion. As well as these personal stories, guidance on the promotions procedures and timetables are provided.
- Intranet pages
- Athena SWAN Web Page
- Athena SWAN Twitter account: @HWUAthenaSwan
- National Women in Engineering Day, June 2014 event, 3 female engineers interviewed each other in front of an audience of around 100 people of all Grades and genders from across the University, followed by lunch and an opportunity for participants to be photographed with their statements describing why they are engineers.
- Stitch & Bitch Performance September 2014 - drama performance organized on campus by Dr. Maiwenn Kersaudy-Kerhoas, attended by 120 staff and students at all levels; the University Principal attended also.
- April submission to Equate for Athena SWAN Bronze Award.
- Athena SWAN Application Lunch Celebration held in June 2015 to showcase the application, action plan, share statistics and promote gender equality within our School.
- Induction Co-ordinators Group formed to improve the induction process within EPS. New Induction rolled out in October 2015.
- In all Recruitment Adverts, the School highlights our Athena SWAN Bronze Award.
- 3 female student summer placements organised through Equate Summer 2016
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science January 2016 – staff from the Institute of Photonics & Quantum Sciences choose their favourite female scientist and posed with the name
- An Online Forum for idea collection scheme to be rolled out in September 2016 using getVetter.
- National Women in Engineering Day, June 2016 event, an exciting and informative morning of talks, networking opportunities and poster competition.
- Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team rename themselves The Career Development Committee to better described the activities in place with delivering the Action Plan outlined in the Bronze Submission.
- Quarterly Newsletter sent out from Career Development Communications subcommittee informing the School of happenings.
- Image Audit carried out February 2016
- Mentoring scheme for Research Associates introduced April 2016.