Prof. Mike Christie
- +44 (0) 131 451 8063
Roles and responsibilities
- Director of Research
- Professor of Reservoir Engineering
Nov 1999-present: Professor of Reservoir Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.
Jul 92-Oct 99: Consultant in Reservoir Simulation, BP Exploration, Sunbury and Houston
Jul 88-Jul 92: Leader of Reservoir Simulation Group, BP Research International
Oct 81-Jun 88: Research Reservoir Engineer, Simulation Section, BP Research International
- 1994-1995: Society of Petroleum Engineers Distinguished Lecturer
- 1990: Society of Petroleum Engineers Ferguson Medal
- Computational Geosciences.
In Situ. Editor of special issue on gridding and upscaling, In Situ, Jan 1998.
- SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers 15th Symposium on Reservoir Simulation, Houston, TX 1999.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers 14th Symposium on Reservoir Simulation, Dallas, TX 1997.
- Gordon Conference Committee, Flow in Permeable Media, August 1994.
- European Conference on Mathematics of Oil Recovery, June 1994.
- European Conference on Mathematics of Oil Recovery, June 1992.
- Institute for Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Reading, April 1992.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers 10th Symposium on Reservoir Simulation, Houston, TX 1991.