- +44 (0)131 451 3347
William Arrol Building
- Research with colleagues at SBE and AE Consultants: Procurement Efficiencies: Monitoring and Evaluation of Devanha Phase 2. Final evaluation report completed and published by Scottish Government in December 2012. Three interim monitoring reports covered from period 2008 to 2010.
- Recent work with colleagues at SBE and others on development capacity.
- Previous work includes research into the role of design in the private housing developer sector in a project entitled Design at the Heart of Housebuilding for the Scottish Government.
- Led a variety of large interdisciplinary projects including the Evaluation of the Starter Homes Initiative for ODPM, 2005, with a contract value of over £100,000. Involved in various other research projects on affordable and intermediate housing.
- Morgan, J, Bowles, G, Carter, K and Evans A. (2012) Procurement Efficiencies: Monitoring and Evaluation of Devanha Phase 2, Scottish Government: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2012/12/9283/downloads
- Morgan J. and Satsangi M. (2011) Reaching the Parts other grants don't go? Supporting self-provided housing in rural Scotland, Housing Studies, Volume 26, issue 4
- Wilcox S, Wallace A, Bramley G, Morgan J, Sosenko F and Ford, J (2010) Evaluation of Mortgage Rescue Scheme and Homeowners Mortgage Support , CLG.
- Bramley G, Karley N K, Morgan J, Lederle N, Sosenko F and colleagues at University of York (2009)Evaluation of the National Mortgage to Rent Scheme, Scottish Government
- Hull, A, Morgan, J and Thanos, S. (2009) Civitas SMILE Cumulative Effects Assessment Reports, European Commission
- Pawson, H, Davidson, E, Morgan, J, Smith, R, and Edwards, R. (2009) The Impacts of Housing Stock Transfers in Urban Britain, JRF/CIH, York.
- With Colleagues at SBE, Edinburgh University & Edinburgh College of Art (2007) Design at the Heart of Housebuilding Research Report for Scottish Government.
- Morgan J and Watkins D (2007) Student Housing Issues in Newcastle
- Bramley G, Morgan J & Littlewood M (2007) Initial Evaluation of the Open Market Homestake Pilot, Scottish Government
- Morgan J, Bramley G, Cousins L & Dunmore K. (August 2005) Evaluation of the Starter Home Initiative, London ODPM
- Bramley, G. and Morgan, J. (2003) Building Competitiveness and Cohesion: The Role of New Housebuilding in Central Scotland's Cities, Housing Studies, Volume: 18 Issue: 4 Pages: 447-471
- Research Associate (1996 – 1998) and then Lecturer at Heriot-Watt University since 1998 in School of Planning & Housing and then School of the Built Environment.
- Research Fellow in the Housing Policy & Practice Unit, Stirling University (1994-1996).
- 10 years housing practice experience (1984-1994) including in housing management with Edinburgh District Council, as Coordinator of Summerston Tenant Management Co-operative in Glasgow and in development with James Watt Housing Association in Greenock.