Dr Chris McWilliams
- +44 (0)131 451 4625
William Arrol Building
Research interests include urban theory and practice, state responses to contemporary urban restructuring, city planning, gender and planning, public participation in urban decision-making, social justice and planning, urban policy (Scotland and UK).
- McWilliams, C; McDowell, A and Veitch, F (forthcoming) Still Faith in the City? The Role of Faith Based Organisations in Community Planning, Local Economy, 2011.
- Boyle, M; McWilliams, C and Rice, G (2009) ‘Thinking Beyond the Hybrid: ‘Actually Existing' Cities after Neoliberalism in Boyle et al, Geografiska Annaler Series B: Human Geography, 91(3), pp 295-297.
- Boyle, M; McWilliams, C and Rice, G (2008) ‘The Spatialities of Actually Existing Neo-liberalism in Glasgow, 1977 to Present in Geografiska Annaler Series B: Human Geography, 90(4), pp.313-325.
- Hull, A; McCarthy, J; McWilliams, C and Prior, A (2008) Review of the Planning Casework of Scottish Natural Heritage.
- McWilliams, C and McDowell, E (2006) Sustainable Scotland: Putting Environmental Justice at the Heart of the Policy Agenda? in Mander, U; Brebbia, C. A and Tiezzi, E (2006) The Sustainable City IV: Urban Regeneration and Sustainability, pp. 775-785. WITpress, United Kingdom.
- McWilliams, C and Johnstone, C (2005) Urban Policy and the City in the ‘New' Scotland in Mooney, G and Scott, G (eds) (2005) Exploring Social Policy in the ‘New' Scotland. Policy Press, Bristol.
- McWilliams, C (2004) Involving the Community in Local Regeneration?: the Case of the Greater Pollok Social Inclusion Partnership, Local Economy, 19(3), pp 264-275.
- McWilliams, C; Johnstone, C and Mooney, G (2004) Urban Policy in the New Scotland: The Role of Social Inclusion Partnerships, Space and Policy, Vol.8, No. 3, December 2004.
- McWilliams, C and Walton, J (2004) Environmental Justice and Human Rights in van den Arker, C and Smith , R (eds) The Essential Guide to Human Rights. Hodder and Arnold.
- McWilliams, C and Walton, J (2004) Environmental and Social Justice Consultation Report for the UK Sustainable Development Strategy Review. Report to DEFRA, 16th July 2004.