Our team of leading researchers has been continuously engaged in the marine sciences over many years. The team has developed close working links with government, statutory bodies and industry. This expertise can be tailored to suit precise client needs.
While our current research programmes are primarily focussed on the marine renewable energy sector our staff activities, experience and expertise spans a diverse range of disciplines.
Marine renewable energy
We offer tailored consultancy services in the marine renewable energy sector and across the marine sciences generally.
Our consultancy services include:
- marine energy resource assessment;
- the modelling of energy flows;
- monitoring and sensing aspects of the marine environment;
- conflict resolution;
- marine spatial planning;
- socio-economic impacts and fisheries science;
through to more specialised services such as providing acoustic sound surveys in the marine environment.
Our wider consultancy portfolio
We have carried out work for a wide range of clients over many years. Much of this work involves feasibility studies, scoping studies, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and client specific studies.
Our consultancy expertise includes:
- the abandonment of offshore oil and gas installations;
- decommissioning of pipelines;
- waste water management;
- health and safety in the marine environment; and