Launch of Student Carer Support Policy
- Edinburgh Campus
Join us for the launch of our Supporting Student Carers Policy
A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
Heriot-Watt University is committed to offering the opportunity for university study to students from a diverse range of backgrounds who have the potential to succeed.
We recognise that students with caring responsibilities may face obstacles to university participation and success and we are committed to supporting student carers from the pre-application stage to graduation and beyond.
We would like to invite you to the launch of our Supporting Student Carers Policy to learn more about the support available to student carers at Heriot-Watt University.
Where and when?
- Craig Room, Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh Campus, Friday 4 October 2019, 11:00 – 12:15 (approx.)
- There will be members of staff available to direct you to the room on the day of the event.
- If there are any issues locating the room, please ask the Main Reception for directions.
What's on offer?
- Learn about our joint working initiatives with Carers Trust Scotland.
- Network with representatives from local carer support organisations.
- Hear about what it’s like to be a student carer in higher education.
- Leave the event knowing more about the support available to student carers at Heriot-Watt University.
If you wish to attend the event please click on ‘Register’ above and follow the link to our Eventbrite page.