Heriot-Watt's Scottish summer graduation season continues today with the first of the Edinburgh Campus graduation ceremonies. This year, for the first time, the ceremonies are held in Oriam, Scotland's Sports Performance Centre, at the Edinburgh Campus.
Around two thousand of the University's three and a half thousand graduands from around the world will attend the summer ceremonies at Edinburgh Campus and at last week's ceremony in Galashiels.
Honorary graduates at this year's ceremonies are:
- Patrick Grant, Director of Saville Row tailors Norton and Sons, and judge on the BBC Two programme ‘The Great British Sewing Bee'
- Dato' Yeoh Seok Kian (Victor), Executive Director of YTL Corporation Berhad, the Malaysia-based investment holding and management company
- Professor Onno Johan Boxma, Professor of Stochastics Operations Research at the Eindhoven University of Technology and honorary Professor at Heriot-Watt University
- Professor Alex Balfour, Mathematician
- Dr William Lumsden, Director of Distilling, Whisky Creation and Whisky Stocks at Glenmorangie
- Professor Anne Neville, RAEng Chair in Emerging Technologies, University of Leeds
We congratulate all of our graduands on their achievements and hope that all who are able to attend the graduation ceremonies, as well as their family and friends, thoroughly enjoy their day.