Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus organised Bright White, a design challenge for 50 students from across 11 schools in Dubai.
High school students were given the challenge of creating a piece of art, fashion or interior design using only white materials. Any types of textures and materials could be used to create an eye-catching and unique concept.
Top Three Winners
The judging panel selected three winners:
- 1st place : Nida Mohammed from Sharjah American International School
- 2nd place: Janice Mariam from Gulf Indian High School Dubai
- 3rd Place Khairah Abdullaktutty from Our Own Indian School , Al Quoz, Dubai
Highly commended awards were presented to:
- Ayesha Mohammed, Al Khaleej National School
- Anny Ahmad, Sharjah American International School
- Humira Muhammad Ibrahim, Our Own English High School, Dubai
- Lakshmi Ashok, Our Own English High School, Dubai
- Hany Samir Hamarneh, RAK Academy
- Prabjit Kaur, Gulf Indian High School
- Tooba Farooqui, Our Own English High School, Dubai
- Sana Mariyam, Gulf Asian English School
Vanessa Northway, Academic Head, School of Textiles and Design at the Dubai Campus, said: “This has been a challenging but extremely worthwhile experience for the students, bringing them a truly unique opportunity to experience design in an academic environment.
“Not only did the event provide students with the chance to really tap into their creativity and look at the role textures play in the design process, it also gave them access to the facilities and experts we have on the Dubai Campus and sample life as a Textile and Design student. The results were very impressive. Congratulations to our top three winners and to everyone who took part.”