Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus recently hosted the United Arab Emirates Interschool Business Challenge.
The challenge, organised by the School of Management and Languages, consisted of a business idea presentation and two business knowledge quizzes. 30 schools from across the region competed in the challenge with 55 teams participating.
- Winner: Team Miracle from Al Maarifa International School in Dubai
- Runner up: Team Vanguard from Gems Our Own High School, Al Warqa
- Third place: Team Vortx from Dubai International Academy
Group 1 from Gulf Asian English School and Group 1 from Sharjah American International School were awarded highly commended awards for their business concepts.
Quiz winners included:
- Raagini Vohra and Siddharth Kulkarni from Gems Modern Academy
- Jayesh Kaushik and Aditya Venkatesh from Delhi Private School
- Karan Navani and Vivek Rao from The Indian High School Dubai
- Sparsh Jain and Shanil Mehta from Dubai International Academy
- Fatima Taquedees from Al Ain Junior School
- Seyed Mohammed Ahlesaadat from Dubai National School AlBarsha
Dr Mohamed Salama, Academic Head and Associate Head of School of Management and Languages at Heriot-Watt Dubai Campus, said: “This year’s challenge was highly competitive. We were delighted to offer these young entrepreneurs a real-life business scenario to develop their skills as future business leaders in the UAE.”