Heriot-Watt University is pleased to announce a major new funding opportunity for postgraduate students domiciled in Scotland to study on a fully-funded fees basis.
70 funded taught places
The University has recently been awarded an additional 70 funded taught postgraduate places by the Scottish Funding Council for the academic year 2013-14. Heriot-Watt has received one of the largest allocations of funded places of any Scottish University.
The funded places are available in the following disciplines, which have been identified by the Scottish Government as key economic priority areas:
- Brewing and Distilling
- Marine Renewable Energy/ Renewable Energy Development
- Reservoir Evaluation and Management
- Petroleum Geoscience
- Oil and Gas Technology
- Quantitative Financial Engineering
- Quantitative Finance and Mathematics
- Civil Engineering and Construction Management
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- Smart Grid and Demand Management
- Photonic and Optoelectronic Devices.
Applications are welcome from students resident in Scotland.
For each place the funding comprises a bursary for the student at the 'standard' tuition fee.
More generally, Heriot-Watt University annually disburses over £6,000,000 in the form of fee and maintenance bursaries and scholarships to around 500 students from a wide range of UK and International backgrounds. Find out more about the University's scholarship provision.