The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) honoured Dr. Khafiz M. Muradov with the the SPE Cedric K. Ferguson Medal at SPE €™s Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition held 8-10 October in San Antonio, TX USA.
Dr. Muradov is Lecturer in Production Modelling for the Institute of Petroleum Engineering, Heriot-Watt University.
Cedric K. Ferguson Medal
It is an honor to recognize Khafiz for his commitment and dedication to the oil and gas industry with the SPE Cedric K. Ferguson Medal.
The Cedric K. Ferguson Medal, established in 1954, recognises significant contributions to the permanent technical literature of the profession by an SPE member younger than 36. Coauthors who are members age 36 and over receive the Ferguson Certificate.
Dr. Muradov was recognised along with Cedric K. Ferguson Certificate winner Prof. David Davies, for their paper, "Novel Analytical Methods of Temperature Interpretation in Horizontal Wells."
"It is an honor to recognize Khafiz for his commitment and dedication to the oil and gas industry with the SPE Cedric K. Ferguson Medal. SPE international award winners were nominated by their colleagues and selected by their peers for their achievement and contributions and it €™s my pleasure to congratulate them on receiving this prestigious international award from SPE," said Ganesh Thakur, 2012 SPE President.
Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE presents awards annually that recognise members whose efforts have advanced petroleum technology, as well as their professional achievements and contributions to the industry and the society.
- SPE is a not-for-profit professional association.
- SPE members are engaged in energy resources development and production; there are more than 104,000 members worldwide.
- SPE is a key resource for sharing technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry.
- SPE provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.
- SPE website