MA (Hons) International Business Management
- Programme code
- KPT/JPS (R/345/6/00657) (MQA/FA7425) 03/26
- Delivery type
- 3 years
- Intake date
- September, January
With very close links with industry, commerce and relevant professional bodies, our business-related programmes are world-renowned for its teaching and research.
In the contemporary business world, it is vital to understand the fundamental way in which businesses and organisations operate. At Heriot-Watt University, this programme caters to those who aspire develop their career in the field of international business management. You will develop a broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary business organisations and workplace to learn how they develop their strategies in making key decisions.
The degree provides strong grounding in the principles of modern international business management and its application to real world. It offers relevant hands-on experience via learning and teaching activities and assessments. Student will have the opportunity to select from a range of business streams, which allow students to tailor their degree to meet their career needs and aspirations.
This programme is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). In accordance with our normal practice, our professionally orientated programmes are designed to meet the educational requirements for membership of relevant professional institutions. In addition to recognition within Malaysia, we seek accreditation by the relevant UK or international professional bodies in accordance with their standard procedures.
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Enterprise: Concepts and Issues
- Operations Management
- Business Skills
- Choose 2 optional courses or elective courses
Optional courses available in Year 1 include:
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Research Methods
- Strategic Management
- Business Analysis and Consulting
- Choose 5 optional or elective courses
Optional courses available in Year 2 include
- Business Venturing
- Innovation Management
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Communications
- Critical Approaches to Management
- International Business
- Global Trends and Ethics
- Choose 4 optional courses or elective courses
Across both semesters:
- Management Dissertation
Optional courses available in Year 3 include:
- International Entreprenuership
- The Contemporary Workforce
- Retail Marketing
- Marketing Sustainability
- Changing Trends in Employment
- Marketing and Management in SMEs
- High Growth Companies
*Information correct at time of publication and may be subject to change
International Business Management degrees provide a very wide range of employment options, and our graduates have an excellent reputation with employers. Our management graduates have gone on to pursue successful careers in marketing, operations and financial management as well as company management consultancy.
- A-Level: DDD
- STPM: CC
- UEC: Maximum 30 points (5 subjects not less than B grade)
- ATAR (WACE/SACE): ATAR 50
- Canada Year 12 High School Diploma: 50 (average score based on 6 best relevant subjects including English)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 24 points excluding Theory of knowledge and Extended Essay
- Foundation: Minimum CGPA 2.0
- Diploma: Minimum CGPA 2.0
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Business / Foundation in Science: Pass and eligible to receive the award
- SMA 3 (Indonesia): 6.0
- Year 12 State Board High School Examination (India): 70%
- Senior High School Graduation Certificate (China): 80%
In addition to the entry requirements listed above, applicants must have grade pass in Mathematics at SPM/ IGCSE or equivalent. This requirement can be waived if applicants have obtained at least grade pass in Mathematics at a higher level.
We highly urge all prospective students to submit their applications. Our students comprise of individuals with a wide array of qualifications. The most comprehensive way for us to assess eligibility is by receiving a completed application comprising of academic qualification.
Entry requirements in the prospectus and website may not always apply and individual offers may vary.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 is required.
If you do not have IELTS 6.0, we offer a Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSEP) prior to commencing your studies.