Dr Haidar F. AL-Qrimli
- +603 8889 43872
Roles and responsibilities
Dr. Haidar AL-Qrimli is an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering in the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences at Heriot-Watt University, Malaysia Campus.
Composite Materials, Crashworthiness Applications, Robotic Arms, Finite Element Simulation, CAD, Fatigue.
- Design and fabrication experimentally of low Cost filament winding machine. Fund from UM IPPP section. (2008/2009), Completed
- Development of an Innovative Robotic Arm: Modelling, Intelligent Non-linear Control, and Motion Planning. Fund from MOSTI (2009/2013), Completed
- Fung Zen Hiung, Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Kenobi Isima Morris, Implementation of XFEM in the study of gear crack propagation behaviour on different loadings using the SIF, Int. J. of Simulation and Process Modelling. In press.
- Kenobi Isima Morris, Andy Chan a, Kwami Justina Kwami Morris, Muhammad Y., Yousif Abdalla, Isah Yakub Mohammed, Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Impact of urbanization level on the interactions of urban area, the urban climate, and human thermal comfort, Applied Geography, Applied Geography 79 (2017) 50e72. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2016.12.007
- Sivakumar Manickam, Ibrahim Alzorqi, Ajit Singh, Haidar Al-Qrimli, Optimization of Ultrasound Assisted Extraction (UAE) of β-D-glucan Polysaccharides from Ganoderma lucidum for prospective Scale-up, Journal of Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.reffit.2016.12.006
2015 - 2016
- Ting Chiong Yue, Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Hydrodynamic Analysis of Submersible Robot, International Journal of Advanced Research and Development, Volume 1; Issue 9; September 2016; Page No. 20-24. http://www.advancedjournal.com/archives/2016/vol1/issue9
- Firas Ismail, Navindren Murugasen, Haidar F AL-Qrimli, Design and Implementation of Rain Water Harvesting for Domestic Usage, Journal of Energy and Environment, Vol 7 (1), (2016).
- Karam S. Khalid, Haidar F. Al-Qrimli, Examine bi-metallic rectangular thin walled tube under different trigger mechanisms, Advanced Materials Science, Vol 1(1): 4-8; (2016), doi: 10.15761/AMS.1000102
- Haidar F. Al-Qrimli, Karam S. Khalid & Ahmed M. Abdelrhman, Roaad K. Mohammed, Husam M. Hadi, A Review on a Straight Bevel Gear Made From Composite, Journal of Materials Science Research, Vol. 5, No. 3; 2016. DOI:10.5539/jmsr.v5n3p73. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/jmsr.v5n3p73
- Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Ahmed M. Abdelrhman, HM. Hadi, RK. Mohammed, Hakim S. Sultan, Three Dimensional Spur Gear Static Contact Investigation Using Finite Element Method. Canadian Journal of Modern Applied Science 10 (5), 145, (2016)
- Rahmat Izaizi, Firas B. Ismail, Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Artificial Intelligence Application in Power Generation Industry: Initial considerations. IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science 32 012007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/32/1/012007. (2016)
- Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Reflective practice and traditional lecture styles, Borneo Post 22 December 2015. http://www.theborneopost.com/2015/12/22/reflective-practice-and-traditional-lecture-styles/ .
- Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Karam. S. Khalid, Fadhil A. Mahdi, The effect of cone angle on composite tubes subjected to axial loading, British Journal of Applied Science & Technology, Science Domain International. 7(4), BJAST.2015.152, ISSN: 2231-0843, (2015).
- Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Haider A. Almurib, Nandha Kumar, Carbon/epoxy woven composite experimental and numerical simulation to predict mechanical performance, Journal of Advances in Materials Science and Applications AMSA, Vol.4,pp.33-41, (2015).
- Haidar F. Al-Qrimli, Haider A. Almurib, Nandha Kumar, F. A. Mahdi, Dynamic Analysis of a Straight Bevel Gear Composite Structure, Journal of Material Sciences & Engineering, ISSN: 2169-0022 JME. Vol.4:1, (2015).
- Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, A. A. Oshkour, Fadhil Abbas Mahdi, Material Design Consideration for Gear Component Using Functional Graded Materials. Materials Letters Journal. Int. J. Materials Engineering Innovation, Vol. 6, No. 4, 243-256, (2015).
- Haider A.F. Almurib, Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Nandha Kumar, Experimental tensile study on The behavior of Composite material with roving waviness, Journal of Applied Mechanics and Materials, Trans Tech Publications Switzerland, Vol. 117-119, pp. 975-979, (2012).
- Haider A.F. Almurib, Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Nandha Kumar, Design of Human Elbow Joint Mechanism, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, Vol. 5(7), pp. 976-981, ISSN 1991-8178,(2011).
- Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, W.P. Chong, T.M.I. Mahlia, W.T. Chong, Prasetyo Edi, Haidar Al-qrimli, IrfanAnjum, R. Zahari, Load–displacement behavior of glass fiber/epoxy composite plates with circular cut-outs subjected to compressive load, Materials and Design Journal, Vol.31, Issue 1, pp.466-474, (2010).
- Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, Haidar F. Al-Qrimli, RahizarRamli, E. Mahdi, FarisTarlochan and Chong W. P, A Comparative Analysis of Experimental and Numerical Investigations of Composite Tubes under Axial and Lateral Loading, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, ISSN 1991-8178, Vol. 4(8), pp. 3077-3085, (2010).
- Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, RahezarRamle, Haidar Al-qrimli, Chong W. P, Quasi-Static Axial Crushing of a ±45° Fiber Orientation Angle with a Different Number of Layers: Part 1, Experimental Study, American Journal of Scientific Research, ISSN 1450-223X Issue 4, pp.72-84, (2009).
- Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Haider F. Almurib, Nandha Kumar, Composite macro failure modes, tensile strength and high cyclic fatigue life evaluation. Material &Design. (Pending)
- Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Karam. S. Khalid, Numerical and Theoretical Analysis of a Straight Bevel Gear Made from Orthotropic Materials. Polymer. (Pending)
- Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Haider A.F. Almurib, Nandha Kumar, Bending stress analysis and weight reduction of innovative composite gear for light weight application, Materials Letters Journal. (Pending)
- Firas B. Ismail, Haidar AL-Qrimli, On-Line/Off line Intelligent Early Warning Systems for Thermal Power Plants: A Review, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. Materials Science and Engineering: C. (Pending)
Dr. Haidar earned his BSc in Mechanical Engineering from The University of Technology Baghdad and then went on to obtain his MSc in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Malaya before joining The University of Nottingham to complete his PhD, majoring in applied mechanics with specific research focusing on composite materials and robotics. He was amongst the top ten candidates in his undergraduate as well as in his postgraduate studies. He received a full scholarship for his PhD, awarded to outstanding students in recognition of their achievements. He holds a Malaysian Patent for a hybrid robotic arm with Patent No. PI 2012002538. He is an active researcher who has published numerous research papers and journal articles within his fields of interest and has contributed to at least 10 International conferences worldwide, acting as a reviewer at multiple International Conferences on Materials Science and Industrial Engineering across Asia. A member of several professional associations, he is also a full member of the British Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and a Chartered Engineer (CEng) in the Engineering Council UK. Previously, he worked as a lecturer in mechanical engineering at Curtin University where he taught a variety of subjects including Thermodynamics, AutoCAD and Design for Manufacturing. In his previous position, Dr. Haidar was responsible for the running and development of the Mechanical Engineering website and was a key leader in organising training for staff in leading design software.
- SS Simon A/L Luthsamy, Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Design of and Control of an Anthropomophic Robotic Arm, IPN – IWNEST LANGKAWI 2016, 001-iucse. (FEB 2016)
- Haidar F. Al-Qrimli, Haider A. Almurib, Fadhil A. Mahdi, Simon Luthsamy, Hybrid Serial Parallel-Parallel Robotic Arm, The 10th Asian control conference KK, Malaysia (May 2015), (Accepted).
- Haidar F. AL-Qrimli, Fadhil Abbas Mahdi, Thin-walled composite tubes using fillers subjected to quasi-static axial compression, 9th CUTSE International Conference: Progress in Science & Engineering for Sustainable Development, Miri, Malaysia, (December 2014).
- Haider A.F. Almurib, Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Nandha Kumar, Design Issues for Industrial Robotic Arm Applications Review, IEEE ICT&KE2011, IEEE Explore, Siam University, Thailand, (January 2012).
- Haidar Fadhil AL-Qrimli, A Review of Industrial Robotic Arm Design, A Research talk in The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, (January 2012).
- Haider A. F. Almurib, Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Nandha Kumar, Innovation of a Humanoid Robotic Arm Wrist, ICADME2012, International Conference on Applications and Design in Mechanical Engineering, ICADME, IMechE, DN06, Penang, Malaysia, (February 2012).
- Karam S. Khalid, FarisTarlochan, Haidar Fadhil AL-Qrimli, Concept Selection of a New Longitudinal Member Design with Developed Bi-Metallic Model, CAN’2012 Eleventh AES-ATEMA International Conference (Toronto, CANADA: August, 2012).
- Haidar Fadhil Abbas AL-Qrimli, An Experimental Investigation on a Straight Bevel Gear Made From Glass Fiber/Epoxy Resin Composite Materials, International Conference on Engineering, Applied Sciences, and Technology (ICEAST 2012) Thailand, Bangkok, (November 2012).
- Haider A.F. Almurib, Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Nandha Kumar, On the Development of a 7-DoF SPP Robotic Arm, (SICE 2011), IEEE Explore, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan, (September 2011).
- Haidar Fadhil Abbas Al-Qrimli, Fadhil Abbas M., Hakim S. Sultan, Karam S. Khalid, Chong W. P, Ibraheem Ahmed, Energy Absorption Capacity of Filament Fibre Glass-Epoxy Composite Tubes, The 2nd International Conference on Engineering and ICT, Melaka, Malaysia, (2010).
- Haidar Fadhil Al-Qrimli, Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, Fadhil Abbas M., Energy Absorption of Thin-Walled Composite Tubes Subjected Under Quasi-Static Compression, Second International IEEE Conference Bangkok, Thailand, IEEE Computer Society Washington, DC, USA, pp.545-549, (2010).
- Haidar Fadhil Abbas Al-Qrimli, Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, RahizarRamli, Energy Absorption of Thin-Walled Triangular Composite Tubes Under Quasi-Static Axial Compression, TCHNOPOS Conference, Kl, Malaysia, (2009).
- C.W. Pein, Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, T.M.I. Mahlia, Haidar Alqrmili, H. Togun and IrfanAnjum, Effects of Fiber Orientations and Fiber Types of Composite Laminated Plates, International Conference on Applications and Design in Mechanical Engineering, International Conference on Applications and Design in Mechanical Engineering, (ICADME 2009), Penang, Malaysia, 5415-07-4, pp.978-967, (2009).
- Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, Karam S. Khalid, Haidar Alqrimli, Atheer Z. A. Razaq, Ibraheem A. Haqi, and Y. T, Chong, An Investigation on the Effect of Resin Types and Geometry on Energy Absorption Capability in Energy Absorbers, International Conference on Nanotechnology (ICONT), Langkawi Island, Malaysia, PGl1-S3-18, (2009).
- Hakim S. Sultan Aljibori, RahezarRamle, Haidar Al-Qrimli and Chong W. P, Effect of Fiber Orientation Angle on Enerry Absorption Capability in Fibre Reinforced Polymers (FRP), Absorbers, International Conference on Nanotechnology (ICONT), Langkawi Island, Malaysia, PG8-53-4, (2009).