Ready for this semester
Getting Ready for 2021/22
We are getting ready for academic year 2021/22 and over the next few months we will be in regular contact about the arrangements in place to meet different COVID restrictions across our global campus network. Please do look out for our emails from Student Service Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org) to keep you updated of our plans on Malaysia campus. We have learnt a lot over the past year which is helping shape our plan for the next academic year and we are hoping to welcome you onto campus for more on-campus / in person activities.
As a global University we are very aware that COVID restrictions have, and will continue to, affect our student community and our campuses in different ways, often at short notice, as governments around the world lift or impose restrictions.
We are expecting to continue to live within changing levels of restrictions and are planning what we can do to support you with your studies whilst keeping the health, safety and wellbeing of students, staff, visitors and the wider community our top priority. We will keep you informed of our plans and of course inform you as soon as possible should anything have to change.
What we know already:
- We will follow our published calendar for academic year 2021/22.
- Teaching week 1 begins on Monday 13 September in Malaysia.
- The first 6 weeks of teaching in semester 1 will be delivered to you fully online. The campus will make an announcement by week 2 of semester 1 to advise you on the delivery mode for the remaining weeks of the semester.
- Induction will run in the weeks prior to week 1 of teaching and will be locally arranged by campus and subject areas. For the Malaysia campus it will take place online.
- Specially developed information and engagement sessions will be offered to you prior to your return to campus. An announcement will be made closer to the week of your return to campus.
- For 2021/22 we are enhancing the student induction for both new and returning students, making materials available during August to prepare for a return to studying online.
- Our Responsive Blended Learning (RBL) model allows us to combine active, supported online learning with context appropriate on-campus learning opportunities in a creative and safe manner.
We are working with our Student Associations to ensure we provide you with the best student experience possible and will continue to keep you updated as we adapt to latest local circumstances and develop our plans over the coming weeks and months.
To all our new students, including students progressing from Malaysia Foundation Programme into our undergraduate programmes, please look out for emails from email@example.com and check out your New Student Site.
To all our continuing students, join our “Ask Us” session below to find out more about your Welcome back Week schedule and everything you need to know about your new semester: