It is not a coincidence that 80 percent of "high-performing" projects are led and administered by certified project managers. Our Project Management Qualification (PMQ) addresses the global demand for experienced, qualified project managers with strategic knowledge.
The PMQ is an internationally recognised qualification, developed and accredited by the Association of Project Management (APM), the chartered body for the project management profession.
Duration: 4.5 days
Cost: £975 (excluding APM exam fee)
The syllabus assesses breath of knowledge in all project management areas from the APM Body of Knowledge, including budgeting and cost management, conflict management, communication, earned value management, leadership, negotiation, procurement, sponsorship and teamwork.
Participants will learn the advanced techniques of project management and also benefit from the knowledge and insight of published, internationally recognised project management experts.
The key learning outcomes include:
1. Understand how organisations and projects are structured
2. Understand project life cycles
3. Understand the situational context of projects
4. Understand communication within project management
5. Understand the principles of leadership and teamwork
6. Understand planning for success
7. Understand project scope management
8. Understand schedule and resource optimisation
9. Understand project procurement
10. Understand project risk and issue management in the context of a project
11. Understand quality in the context of a project
On completion of the course participants register to sit the APM PMQ exam. It is a three hour paper consisting of 16 questions, ten of which must be answered. The exam can be taken online at any time, whenever the participant feels ready.
In support of the exam and in addition to tuition participants receive the Body of Knowledge, an exam guide with practice questions and an Edinburgh Business School Project Management Qualification Handbook which summarises the course.
Interested in PMQ? Contact us...
To find out dates for our next open programme (open to anyone wishing to upskill themselves) or to organise a programme specifically for 5+ members of your organisation email Louisa Osmond firstname.lastname@example.org
Online or face-to-face
- Online or face-to-face