97 per cent of business leaders believe that projects are critical to business performance and organisational success which is why having trained project managers within the workforce is critical.
Our Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) meets the continued and growing demand for qualified project managers and is fully accredited by the Association of Project Management (APM).
Course Duration: 3 days
Cost: £500 excluding APM exam fee
Participants will learn the fundamentals of project management and also benefit from the knowledge and insight of published, internationally recognised project management experts.
The syllabus covers areas from the APM Body of Knowledge, including planning and scheduling, communication, teamwork, resource management, project risk management and project reviews.
No prior knowledge or experience is required for this qualification, which provides participants with the knowledge to make a positive contribution to any project.
This course is of particular benefit to those either starting out in project management or seeking to enhance their CV and career prospects with an internationally recognised project management qualification and for organisations seeking to develop project management skills.
The key learning outcomes include:
1. Understand project management and the operating environment
2. Understand project life cycles
3. Understand the roles and responsibilities within projects
4. Understand project management planning
5. Understand project scope management
6. Understand resource, scheduling and optimisation in a project
7. Understand project risk and issue management in the context of a project
8. Understand quality in the context of a project
9. Understand communication in the context of a project
10. Understand leadership and teamwork within a project
On completion of the course participants register to sit the APM PFQ exam. It consists of 60 multiple choice questions which must be answered in an hour. The exam can be taken online at any time, whenever the participant feels ready.
In support of the exam and in addition to tuition participants receive the Body of Knowledge, an exam guide with practice questions and an Edinburgh Business School Project Fundamental Qualification Handbook which summarises the course.
Contact us for dates of our upcoming open programmes (open to any person wishing to upskill themselves) or if you would like to organise a course specifically for a group of participants from your organisation, please contact email@example.com
Online or face-to-face
- Online or face-to-face