BSc (Hons) Psychology with Management
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
This programme balances approximately 75% Psychology with 25% Business and Management courses. Psychology courses cover a range of core approaches to psychology as well as research design and analysis and applied specialist topics. The curriculum is based on that recommended by the British Psychological Society. Business Management courses include a mixture of core management subjects and a range of optional courses, allowing students to tailor learning to their personal preferences.
The programme is suitable for students with a science or commerce background who are interested in the systematic study of cognition, mind and behaviour. Students may wish to take this knowledge into a career in industry or complete further training to become a professional psychologist.
Why study Psychology with Management at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Heriot-Watt psychology programmes have been ranked as one of the leading programmes in the UK.
- Heriot-Watt takes an applied focus, going beyond textbook and theory to explore real-world uses of psychology.
- Psychology graduates have sought after transferable skills in writing, research and critical evaluation.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Management graduates have career opportunities in business and psychology professions and are eligible for a broad range of postgraduate programmes across both disciplines.
January intake is applicable for Year 1 students only.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Students are introduced to psychology from a range of perspectives and begin their studies in research methods, which will continue throughout the programme. This is complemented by an introduction to Management topics.
Psychology courses cover Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, and Intelligence alongside more advanced Statistics and Research Design. Students also select one of two applied psychology pathways from the School of Social Sciences, in either Human Resources or Marketing, which will be carried into future years.
Psychology courses cover Social Cognition, Personality, Lifespan Development and Biological Psychology. These courses take an applied approach, including the discussion of relationships, health and environmental design. Students also take advanced courses in Management or Consumer Behaviour depending on their chosen pathway.
Advanced psychology courses continue the applied focus in a range of areas based on faculty expertise. Currently, this includes topics on consciousness, health, industrial psychology and psychopathology. In addition, each student undertakes a major independent project. This involves research design, data collection and analysis, and is a chance to learn in depth about a topic of the student’s own choosing. Students also take a final two courses from the School of Social Sciences, but they do not undertake a Management project.
Graduates of this Honours programme (4 years) will be well prepared for many areas of employment, including business management, human resource management, marketing and market research, teaching, counselling and coaching.
Students wishing to continue into licensed psychology professions (such as clinical, forensic, health or educational psychology) will be eligible for the relevant postgraduate training at Heriot-Watt and at other UK institutions or internationally.
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available. Similarly, students who are eligible to be admitted into the Advanced DEP programme can choose to join the DEP programme instead.
First year entry
- CBSE or equivalent 70%
- GCE A-Level CCD
- AS Level BBBB
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s - 1000
- Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Management) with a BBBB.
- African WAEC / NECO / WASSCE B2s
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent 70%
- Curriculum Russian / Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
- EmSAT minimum 1400 English and 1200 Maths
- GCE A-Level CCC
- CBSE 80%
- American High School 70% + 3 AP at grade 4 OR Minimum 3 SAT 2’s 500 each
- International Baccalaureate 27
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma DDD
- Higher National Diploma (HND) PPP
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case by case basis
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 Academic (with no element below 5.5).
Fees and funding
- AED 63598 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.