BSc (Hons) Psychology with Management
- Delivery type
- 4 years (full-time)
- Intake date
- September, January
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
This programme balances approximately 75% Psychology with 25% Business and Management courses. Psychology courses cover a range of core approaches to psychology as well as research design and analysis and applied specialist topics. The curriculum is based on that recommended by the British Psychological Society. Business Management courses include a mixture of core management subjects and a range of optional courses, allowing students to tailor learning to their personal preferences.
The programme is suitable for students with a science or commerce background who are interested in the systematic study of cognition, mind and behaviour. Students may wish to take this knowledge into a career in industry or complete further training to become a professional psychologist.
Why study Psychology with Management at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Heriot-Watt psychology programmes have been ranked as one of the leading programmes in the UK.
- Heriot-Watt takes an applied focus, going beyond textbook and theory to explore real-world uses of psychology.
- Psychology graduates have sought after transferable skills in writing, research and critical evaluation.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology with Management graduates have career opportunities in business and psychology professions and are eligible for a broad range of postgraduate programmes across both disciplines.
January intake is applicable for Year 1 students only.
Read more about the UAE Federal Accreditation.
Students are introduced to psychology from a range of perspectives and begin their studies in research methods, which will continue throughout the programme. This is complemented by an introduction to Management topics.
Psychology courses cover Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, and Intelligence alongside more advanced Statistics and Research Design. Students also select one of two applied psychology pathways from the School of Social Sciences, in either Human Resources or Marketing, which will be carried into future years.
Psychology courses cover Social Cognition, Personality, Lifespan Development and Biological Psychology. These courses take an applied approach, including the discussion of relationships, health and environmental design. Students also take advanced courses in Management or Consumer Behaviour depending on their chosen pathway.
Advanced psychology courses continue the applied focus in a range of areas based on faculty expertise. Currently, this includes topics on consciousness, health, industrial psychology and psychopathology. In addition, each student undertakes a major independent project. This involves research design, data collection and analysis, and is a chance to learn in depth about a topic of the student’s own choosing. Students also take a final two courses from the School of Social Sciences, but they do not undertake a Management project.
Graduates of this Honours programme (4 years) will be well prepared for many areas of employment, including business management, human resource management, marketing and market research, teaching, counselling and coaching.
Students wishing to continue into licensed psychology professions (such as clinical, forensic, health or educational psychology) will be eligible for the relevant postgraduate training at Heriot-Watt and at other UK institutions or internationally.
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available. Similarly, students who are eligible to be admitted into the Advanced DEP programme can choose to join the DEP programme instead.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level - CCD (or BBBB at AS Level)
- CBSE/Other Indian Boards – 70%
- American High School Diploma/ SABIS - 70% + SAT - 1000(500 English + 500 Math)
- Tawjihiyya - 80% or Elite/Advance - 75% + EmSAT (English 1400 and Math 700)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme - 24 points (3 HL subjects and 3 SL Subjects)
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma - MMM
- African (WAEC / NECO) - B2 in each subject
- FBISE or grade 12 equivalent - 75%
- Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) - Grades of 5 in every subject + IELTS 6.0
- French Baccalaureate - 13/20 + IELTS 6.0
- Lebanese Baccalaureate - 80% or 13/20 + IELTS 6.0
- Foundation year - Successful completion of HWU Entry Programme (Management/Psychology) with BBBB
- Compulsory subjects to include English.
Second year entry
- GCE A-Level - CCC
- CBSE/Other Indian Boards - 80%
- American High School Diploma/ SABIS - 70% + 3 AP at grade 4 or Minimum 3 SAT Subjects (SAT II) 500 each, in relevant subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme - 27 points (3 HL – including Psychology, and 3 SL)
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma - DDD
- Higher National Diploma (HND) - PPP
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Compulsory subjects to include English & Psychology.
English language requirements
As our degrees are taught and assessed in English, applicants must be able to prove their level of English language ability. To know more, please refer to our English language requirements.
Fees and funding
- AED 66142 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.