Detailed course guide
A broad common first year for all Fashion students, which provides a strong skills base for the fashion industry. As well as studying the specific pathways, students will take Creative and Contemporary Studies to put their work in context. Courses include: Marketing and Retailing, Fashion Communication, Textiles, Contemporary and Contextual Studies, Fashion Advertising and PR, CAD and Presentation Skills, and Production and Assembly Knowledge.
Students explore current ideas, issues and innovations related to fashion marketing and retailing. Students engage in a higher level of learning in the areas of Buying, Promotion, Advertising, Merchandising, Brand and Customer Awareness, and Product Analysis and Development. Presentation skills are enhanced with the use of CAD and the exploration of various media and website development via Digital Application. A greater understanding of market and consumer is delivered through industry projects and collaborations in this year.
Focuses on students becoming more actively involved in the fashion industry through a variety of interdisciplinary projects that enable development of appropriate skills and knowledge. At this higher level of study, students undertake courses in: Business Practice for Fashion, Management and Finance Reports, Industrial Styling and Trends Development.
Available at Heriot-Watt University in the UK.
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level CCD (or BBBB at AS-Level)
- CBSE or equivalent 65%
- American High School Diploma + SAT1s - 1000.
- UAE Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points or above.
- African WAEC / NECO / WASSCE B2s
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Design Studies) with a BBBB. Degree Entry Programme (Management / Psychology) will also be considered.
- A mix of A-Levels and AS-Levels are accepted as long as there are no duplicate subjects in each of the levels
Second year entry
- Successful completion of first year of a recognized degree programme in related field with a strong portfolio of work. Please contact the Recruitment and Admissions Office to discuss further.
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, kindly call +971 4 4358700 or please send an email to email@example.com
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 Academic (with no element below 5.5).
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Additional studio fees
Studio fees of 682.50 AED per academic year apply for the first year of study only. The fee contributes towards the cost of drafting paper and card as well as muslin and thread used for prototype garments. The fee does not cover the cost of printing, sketchbooks, fabric for final garments, production equipment, art supplies or other materials. Note: the fee is only applicable to students who elect to undertake the 'Production and assembly' course in year 1.
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.