- Delivery type
- 3 years (full-time)
- Intake date
With very close links with industry, commerce and relevant professional bodies, our business-related programmes are world-renowned for its teaching and research.
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 52 2139432
Our Accounting and Business Finance programme is a specialist degree, particularly suited to those seeking entry into the accounting profession, financial services or financial management. The value of such studies is also recognised by professional accountancy bodies which offer examination exemptions.
Teaching and assessment
Teaching is delivered through a combination of lectures, tutorials and project work. Course assessment is generally based on either coursework or an exam at the end of the semester, or a mixture of the two at the end of the semester or academic year.
The degree of Master of Arts (MA) is an undergraduate Honours degree, awarded by the ancient universities in Scotland and the UK including Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, Cambridge and Oxford. At other universities in Scotland and the UK, undergraduate degrees in the arts, liberal arts, humanities or social sciences are awarded as Bachelor of Arts (BA).
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
The programme has been accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and CPA Australia.
Graduates are eligible to apply exemptions from international Professional bodies:
- ACCA: up to 9 papers
- ICAEW: up to 6 papers
- CIMA: up to 8 papers
This programme is also among the few selected in the region by ACCA to run the ACCA Accelerate programme, allowing students to take the remaining 5 papers by ACCA during their second year to potentially be an accredited accountant by the time they graduate.
Please note that there are no options for this pathway, all courses are mandatory.
- Commercial Law
- Management in a Global Context
- Business Accounting and Assurance
- Finance and Financial Statistics
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Entities
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting in Organisations
- Business Research Methods
- Auditing and Assurance
- Management Accounting Techniques and Decisions
- Finance Markets Theory
- Strategic Management
- Contemporary Issues in Financial Accounting
- Corporate Financial Theory
- Accounting and Finance dissertation
- Agency Theory and Corporate Governance
- Managerial Accounting-Decision making
- Accounting Theory
- Accounting and Finance dissertation
- International Accounting
- Contemporary Issues in Finance
- Corporate reporting
*Information correct at time of publication and may be subject to change
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available. Similarly, students who are eligible to be admitted into the Advanced DEP programme can choose to join the DEP programme instead.
First year entry
- GCE A-Levels CCD (or BBBB at AS-Level)
- CBSE or equivalent 65%
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s - 1000
- UAE Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Management) with a BBBB.
- African WAEC / NECO / WASSCE B2 including English and Maths
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
- EmSAT minimum 1400 English and 1200 Maths
Second year entry
- GCE A Levels CCC in relevant business subjects
- International Baccalaureate 27 points
- CBSE 75%
- American High School 70% + 3 AP at grade 4 OR Minimum 3 SAT 2’s 500 each
- Higher National Diploma (HND) PPP
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma DDD
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 85%
- Students with an HND, an OND Upper Credit or have completed first year at a Nigerian University with strong grades, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 Academic (with no element below 5.5).
Fees and funding
- AED 58800 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.