Degree Entry (Foundation) Programme Design Studies
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4 571 7000
This programme is designed to provide students with a pathway into an undergraduate degree programme in the School of Textiles and Design and the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrustructure and Society at the Dubai Campus.
It is specifically designed as a foundation programme that will help students to bridge the gap between their school qualifications and the demands of a university degree. Students who complete the programme successfully will be able to progress directly into the first year of their chosen degree programme.
The programme will help students to develop their subject knowledge while providing a firm foundation in IT, research and writing skills, academic English, and assessment and examination techniques.
Upon successful completion of this DEP, students will be eligible to progress to one of the following programmes, all of which are offered at the Dubai Campus:
- BA (Hons) Architecture
- BA (Hons) Interior Design
- BA (Hons) Fashion Branding and Promotion
- BA (Hons) Communication Design
Read more about the UAE Federal Accreditation.
Students study the following subjects:
- Introduction to Design Studies
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Business Management
Students are assessed through a combination of coursework and exams and must attain a minimum overall grade of C (50%) in each course to ensure guaranteed transfer onto the undergraduate programmes listed above.
- British GCE/IGCSE Five Cs (4s)
- Indian CBSE/HSSC or equivalent Case-by-case basis
- UAE Tawjihiyya Case-by-case basis
- US American High School Diploma Case-by-case basis
- Africa WASSC (WAEC/NECO) Five C6s
- Philippine High School Case-by-case basis
- National Curriculum Russian / Kazakhstan (Attestat) Grades of 3
- IB – MYP year 11 Grades of 4
- IBCP - BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Pass + SL grades of 4 or IGCSE grades of C (4)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma – Pass
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – Pass
All of the above require English as a mandatory subject.
To find out more about the entry requirements for this programme, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
English language requirements
Fees and funding
- AED 51514*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.