Importance of industry partnerships
Industry partnership succeeds when both parties have a shared goal. Together we aim to overcome challenges facing the sector and to prepare the next generation of qualified construction professionals with appropriate skills and knowledge to meet the requirement of the industry.
Collaborative partnerships can also have important benefits for the economy and local communities. Industry-sponsored university research is often developed into practical applications that can have tangible benefits for business and society. Opportunities also arise for university spinouts that develop new products and services and create employment opportunities.
Centre of Excellence supports industry partners
The Centre of Excellence will undertake funded research that best align to the needs of the industry. We will ensure the curriculum is backed by thorough academic research and that the Centre assists students in developing projects defined and assessed by research-led academics and industry experts.
Heriot-Watt University was awarded a 5 Star Rating in KHDA HEC in 2019 and 2020 and in 2019 was also voted Forbes Best University in the Middle East, recognising the university’s access to extended networks, executive education training and provide access to future talent. Engaging in joint research initiatives, establishing new networks, creating and exchanging new knowledge are just some of the advantages of industry-academic partnerships.
Collaboration with Heriot-Watt University and the Centre of Excellence in Smart Construction will also enhance your company's reputation, through joint publicity initiatives, co-authored journal articles, research papers and other forms of publication.
Partnering with us will strengthen internal research culture and development initiatives, help in identifying innovative solutions for challenges in construction practice and aid the adoption of new research and innovation techniques.
- Co-develop innovations programme.
- Hosting a joint research planning workshop to identify priority research projects specific to the company.
- Publish a bi-annual construction sector research bulletin.
- Offer invitations to networking breakfasts.
- Offer invitations to the University’s annual academic research showcase.
- Brand referencing during the University’s online webinar program.
- Host a hackathon event with students to address a company challenge.
- Offer discount on Engineering Doctorate and PhD programmes.
- Provide a hyperlink to the Company website on the CESC web page.
- Branding/acknowledgement on CESC publications, events, newsletters.
- Provide invitations to the University’s professorial lecture series.
- Offer stall space at the annual graduate recruitment fair.
- Enabling staff to carry out collaborative research specific to the needs of the company (covered by separate Agreement and funding)
- Offer discount on professional development.