- Dubai Campus
Heriot-Watt University Dubai will be hosting its 1st UAE University and Professionals Business Simulation Challenge. The event will take place at our purpose-built Dubai Campus, in Dubai International Academic City from 09.00-16.00.
This event is specifically designed for final year university students, graduates and professionals to get a taste of the entrepreneurial skills needed in today’s robust business environment. Up to 40 teams of between 3 and 5 individuals are invited to participate in a dynamic, computer-based, business simulation designed to put their business and marketing skills to the test.
Register today to pit your skills against fellow graduates and professionals from across the UAE and get a taste of life as a management student at one the region’s leading international universities, as well as chance to win one of the following prizes:
- 1st place team: 25% Scholarship to study a postgraduate degree program at Heriot-Watt University Dubai*
- 2nd place team: 15% Scholarship to study a postgraduate degree program at Heriot-Watt University Dubai*
- 3rd place team: 10% Scholarship to study a postgraduate degree program at Heriot-Watt University Dubai*
- Prize for the best marketing campaign awarded by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
All participants will receive a certificate of participation. Those applying to study at Heriot-Watt in September, will also receive an application fee waiver and benefit from fast-track application processing, subject to meeting our admissions requirements.
Based on today's international business, this simulation takes you on the journey of being a smartphone manufacturing company. The goal is to make strategic and operational decisions to expand into new markets and dominate the world of smartphones.
The simulation will test your analytical, strategic and decision-making acumen. You will be judged on the way you want to run your company and how you pitch to potential investors.
In this highly competitive market, the other companies are managed by the other teams. That means that all your decisions are actually influencing the other team’s results!
Please note that it’s a fair competition. This means that in the start situation, all competitive companies are exactly the same (same inventory, same balance sheet, same market shares, etc.).
Should we prepare something prior to the competition?
There is no particular preparation needed for this challenge. On the day, we will explain how the simulation works and will allow some time for you and your team to practice. Facilitators will be available throughout the day to solve all queries.
Is there an entry or admission fee for this event?
No, this event is free of cost.
Do I need to be a business/management graduate or professional in order to participate in the Business Challenge?
No, individuals from various career backgrounds are welcome to participate.
Should all team members register?
Yes, all team members need to register themselves by clicking register above. If you already have a team, please make sure to enter your team name. If you’re registering without a team, please make sure to select ‘SINGLE REGISTRATION’.
Do I need to be an applicant at Heriot-Watt University Dubai to participate in the Business Challenge?
No, it is not necessary to be an applicant but all applicants are still welcome to participate.
Can I participate without a team?
The business simulation will require a combined effort from multiple members to secure maximum success and is a team-based competition. Therefore, you need to register as a team in order to take part, or alternatively, if you don’t have a team, you can register as an individual and our staff will assign you to a team for the day.
How do I get to Heriot-Watt Dubai?
Refer to the location map for Heriot-Watt.
What are the benefits of participating?
Participating in this business challenge revolves around interacting in a unique multiplayer business simulation, allowing participants to make important business decisions in a risk-free environment and get immediate feedback. Winners of the Business challenge have the opportunity to earn up to 25% in Heriot-Watt Scholarships
What are the prizes?
All members of the team placed first get a 25% scholarship to study at Heriot-Watt University Dubai, followed by 15% for the team placed second and 10% for the team placed third. There will also be a prize for the Best Marketing Campaign awarded by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
- This competition is open to final year university students, graduates and professionals
- Each team should have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 members
- A maximum of 40 teams can participate in the challenge. Please register early to avoid disappointment
- A detailed briefing on the business simulation will be provided on the day of the event
- A welcome pack will be sent in advance to all participants
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation
- Prize winners will be announced at the event. The judges’ decision is final.
- Only one scholarship can be awarded per participant. Students already in receipt of scholarships are not be eligible for further discounts.
- Please contact admissions on +971 4435 8700 for further details.