The School of Social Sciences at Heriot-Watt University comprises of the Edinburgh Business School and the Department of Psychology.
We are the largest academic school of Heriot-Watt University and we specialise in research and industry-informed undergraduate and postgraduate teaching across our core disciplines:
- Edinburgh Business School
The Edinburgh Business School offers premium business management education at both, undergraduate and postgraduate level. With programs in Accountancy, Business Management, Marketing, Enterprise, Finance, Logistics and Strategy, we are committed to offering world class university experience that will equip you with the skills to succeed in your chosen industry.
- Department of Psychology
Heriot-Watt's Psychology programmes have been ranked as one of the leading programmes in the UK and takes an applied focus, going beyond textbook and theory to explore real-world uses of psychology. Our psychology graduates have a strong record of employment building careers in business, teaching, counselling, nursing, probation work and market research.
"Our approach to teaching and learning places a strong focus on learning for the real world, with an emphasis on practical cases, simulations and playing host to industry in the classroom. We want our graduates to be able to make a contribution to the workplace from day one and we are committed to supporting them as they progress through their careers with lifelong study opportunities." Dr. Paul Hopkinson, Associate Head – School of Social Sciences and Edinburgh Business School.
Accreditations and Professional Bodies
- Accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for the purpose of exemptions from some professional examinations.
- Accredited by the Association of International Accountants (AIA) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations through the Accredited degree accelerated route.
- Accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations.
- Accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland (ICAS) for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations.
Accredited by the CPA Australia for the purpose of exemption from some professional examinations.
Strategic Project Management
The MSc Strategic Project Management reflects the content of the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge.