Staying on campus
Our Edinburgh and Borders campuses will be in Level 4 until 31 January . This means;
- Some on-campus events scheduled after 26 December for those living on campus will need to change.
- The student shop on the Edinburgh campus will remain open as scheduled, as an essential service for those living on campus.
- From 5 January until 16 January, on our Edinburgh and Borders campuses, only the Library will be open for study, via the booking system. All other study spaces will be closed until then.
- The Student Service Centre will be open from 5 January and you can book an appointment via the student portal
- Our catering facilities will be offering take-away only services
Our Orkney Campus will be in Level 3 until 31 January, with travel restrictions. However, travelling for education is permitted.
Covid-19 is unpredictable and we’re doing everything we can to keep you, our staff and our community safe. Please follow the social distancing requirements and reduce your contact with others as much as possible for a week before travelling.
- All students who travelled over Christmas, or who remained on campus, are being strongly encouraged to take the two rapid Covid tests available on our Edinburgh and Borders campuses from 11 January, ahead of any on-campus teaching. Bookings can be made via the Student portal.
- Students travelling back from a UK ‘hot-spot’, particularly where the number of cases of the new strain of Covid is prevalent, are encouraged to take a Covid test BEFORE travelling
- Students on our Orkney campus will receive testing via NHS Orkney as in December.
This information may change so please keep checking your HW email account. We will update this page with any new information that may be given by the Scottish Government over the break.
Stay Safe and we look forward to the start of Semester 2 in the New Year.
All Library opening hours are subject to change at short notice due to the current situation and the need to comply with government and university guidelines. The information on the website is being updated regularly.
Please check the Information Services social media channels - we will update our twitter and facebook pages daily and more information can be found on Informs
For enquiries and the latest opening hours, contact the Library Service Desk 0131 451 3577 or email ISHelp@hw.ac.uk
The Edinburgh Campus Library opening hours for the next two weeks are:
Monday 11th 8:30am – 8:30pm
Tuesday 12th 8:30am – 8:30pm
Wednesday 13th 8:30am – 6:00pm
Thursday 14th 8:30am – 8:30pm
Friday 15th 8:30am – 8:30pm
Sat 16th & Sun 17th 10:00am – 4:00pm
Monday 18th 8:30am – 6:00pm
Tuesday 19th 8:30am – 6:00pm
Wednesday 20th 8:30am – 4:30pm
Thursday 21st 8:30am – 8:30pm
Friday 22nd 8:30am – 8:30pm
Sat 23rd & Sun 24th 10:00am – 4:00pm
Support for students required to self-isolate
- Report to SafeGuarding
- Students who are symptomatic, or positive for Covid, will be supported by the H&S team (both on and off campus)
- Students who are self-isolating due to contact tracing are flagged via the SafeGuarding/H&S team and Res Life will support on-campus residents with welfare checks and groceries etc. Support for students staying away from home in City Centre accommodation and with no support network will be co-ordinated by the Deputy Registrar