With the Student Union, the Sports Union and 40+ student societies ready to welcome you online or in person - your social life is only just getting started!
From being a good flatmate, to getting involved with societies, to tips and advice on moving away from home, the Student Union is here to help make your student life the best it can be – not to mention the great range of events! Independent from the University, the student union is here to listen, to adapt and to focus solely on you.
With a sports performance programme, and over 30 different clubs offering a range of activity from recreational fun to competition in a safe and welcoming environment, there’s a place for everyone in the Sports Union, regardless of sporting ability or experience.
Can’t wait to get started? Join the WattFamily on Strava and show us what you’ve got!
Food and drink (Edinburgh campus)
- Three outlets are open across our Edinburgh campus: Central, The Piece (Starbucks) and Dewey's (Library)
- All outlets will operate in a COVID safe way, including new layouts, queue management, click and collect and enhanced cleaning regimes. Additional catering staff will work front of house cleaning tables, screens and floor areas
- Cash Free - Payment will be online or by card at point of collection
- New ways of ordering and payment: App based pre-ordering system in Central, Elements and The Piece
- Central is open Thursday - Sunday evenings serving hot meals between 5pm and 9pm. Tables can be booked using the eventbrite pages – we have distanced everything so that flats / groups of 5 can sit together
- In addition the Upay app is available for Central and The Piece – allowing students to order in advance and also order delivered some delivered catering to halls
Food and drink at the Student Union (Edinburgh campus)
- Click and collect options for food and drink will be available from the Student Union if you feel more comfortable socialising in Halls
- Tables booked online in the Student Union in slots with breaks between slots to enable full cleaning and sanitising between customers. Table service with online payment options so no need to queue to order
- Grocery boxes created by the union to help students through selfisolation if they can’t visit the supermarket https://www.hwunion.com/foodshop/
Your local city
Following the latest Scottish Government guidelines, bars, restaurants and cafes in Edinburgh, Galashiels and Orkney have reopened their doors until 10pm – ready to welcome students back with that friendly welcome that Scotland is famous for!
We look forward to seeing you! Stay safe, and don’t forget we are here to support you, every step of the way.