Be active with our Oriam: Scotland’s Sports Performance Centre, situated on our Edinburgh Campus.
In line with the latest Scottish Government guidelines, Oriam re-opened its doors on the 31 August 2020; with a phased re-introduction of classes, a new pre-booking system online, signage and one way systems, cleaning services and new seating layouts in Bistro and other communal areas.
- Ensuring all training sessions are run to a strict capacity so that they can be held safely.
- Running all activities in accordance with the relevant sports governing body guidelines.
- Introducing a bookings system for all sports club activity to enable track and trace.
- We are finalising an activity timetable that ensures students will have the opportunity to participate in sport or other physical activity once a day if they choose to – having a huge facility such as Oriam allows us to do this.
- If you are joining us from online using the Responsive Blended Learning model, follow @Oriam on social media for more info on staying fit from wherever you are in the world.
We look forward to seeing you! Stay safe, and don’t forget we are here to support you, every step of the way.
With a sports performance programme, and over 30 different clubs offering a range of activity from recreational fun to competition in a safe and welcoming environment, there’s a place for everyone in the Sports Union, regardless of sporting ability or experience.
Learn more at their brand new website: https://sportsunion.site.hw.ac.uk/
Can’t wait to get started? Join the WattFamily on Strava and show us what you’ve got!
Just Eat Cycles
A new discounted offer for Just Eat Cycles (the Edinburgh cycle hire scheme) has launched and is on sale until Saturday, 31st October. The pass will expire on 31st December 2020 and is available to students at £10, with no additional charges for any number of hires each up to 60 mins long.
Just collect a bike from a docking station, including the ones located on campus by Edinburgh Business School and Anna Macleod Hall, and return it to one of the many docking stations available throughout Edinburgh, including at Edinburgh Park Station.
Oriam now coordinates the University Bike Bothy service, where you can hire bikes or have your own serviced. There is a selection of road and mountain bike to hire at weekly, monthly and semesters costs at a heavily reduced rates. For more information please contact email@example.com