Am I eligible?

To be eligible for European exchange you must:

  • be enrolled on a Heriot-Watt degree programme in the UK
  • have completed at least one year of higher education
  • be on an approved credit-bearing study or work placement
  • study or work in a country participating in European exchange
  • study at an institution that has a bilateral partnership agreement with Heriot-Watt
  • spend between 3 – 12 months abroad on the placement(s).

Some placements will be compulsory depending on your programme but some will be optional. You should discuss this with your academic co-ordinator to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for your programme.

Find out more about: