Although the UK government has decided not to participate in the forthcoming 2021-27 Erasmus+ programme, this has not affected Heriot-Watt's participation in the 2014-20 programme. Our projects have been extended to 36 months, meaning that we are still able to provide grants for Europe-based student mobility projects up until 31 May 2023.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for European exchange you must:
- be enrolled on a Heriot-Watt degree programme in the UK
- have completed at least one year of higher education
- be on an approved credit-bearing study or work placement
- study or work in a country participating in European exchange
- study at an institution that has a bilateral partnership agreement with Heriot-Watt
- spend between 3 – 12 months abroad on the placement(s).
- Some placements will be compulsory depending on your programme but some will be optional. You should discuss this with your academic co-ordinator to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for your programme.
Find out more about: