MA (Hons) IT Management for Business
- MA (Hons)
- New or existing employees in Scotland
- 4 years
- No limit
- 20% at University, 80% at work
The IT Management for Business Graduate Apprenticeship degree develops specific skills and knowledge of information technology, to enable the participants to play a key role in the management of ICT infrastructure, strategy, operations and projects of their organisation.
The programme helps you develop highly skilled employees in the following areas:
- IT Consultancy
- IT System Operation
- IT System Management
- IT Network Planning and Control
- IT Project Management
The IT Management for Business Graduate Apprenticeship programme aims to produce MA (Hons) graduates equipped with knowledge, understanding and skills in the following areas:
- a broad background of business operations, procedures and culture applicable to a career in IT in a business environment
- sufficient technical knowledge to play a key role in an IT related environment
- personal and interpersonal skills enabling them to work closely and communicate with employees in non-IT related areas of an organisation
- a set of problem-solving and modelling skills appropriate to IT related business operations
- sufficient management and business knowledge to play a management role in an IT project
- project delivery experience in a business oriented environment
Key areas of the programme
The primary focus of the IT Management for Business Graduate Apprenticeship Programme is on developing the knowledge, understanding and skills outcomes sought by employers.
- Business Skills
- Human resource management
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Change
- Information systems
- Systems analysis and design
- Software development and programming
- Computer and network infrastructure
- Information systems operations and change
Personal and interpersonal
- Personal attributes
- Professional attributes
- Team working
Software project and delivery management
- Project management methodologies
- Project planning
- Project execution
- Agile project delivery
- Risk assessment and management
Each of the four key content areas is combined to deliver a holistic learning experience.
Our graduates are specialist, creative, progessional, global citizens. The Engineering Design and Manufacture Graduate Apprenticeship Programme is taught by respected and experienced academics and business professionals.
With five campuses, in Edinburgh, Galashiels, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, Heriot-Watt is a truly global community.
Heriot-Watt has a reputation for producing pragmatic "can do" graduates
Heriot-Watt University is consistently ranked at a high level across a number of key university league tables.