BEng (Hons) Engineering Design and Manufacture (Electronic or Mechanical)
- BEng (Hons)
- New or existing employees in Scotland
- 4 years
- No limit
- 20% at University, 80% at work
BEng (Hons) Engineering Design and Manufacture (Electronic or Mechanical) Graduate Apprenticeship is aimed to develop an excellent experts in the following areas: Enginering Design; Manufacturing Engineering; Engineering Consultancy; Engineering Operations Management; Engineering Project Management.
We are offering GA in 2 sub-disciplines of Engineering Design and Manufacture:
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Electronic Engineering
The Engineering Design and Manufacture Graduate Apprenticeship Programme aims to produce BEng (Hons) graduates who:
- have a sound basis in theoretical engineering principles and methods as well as their application in the context of design and analysis;
- are able to operate in a team as well as in multidisciplinary contexts;
- have an appreciation of the wider societal and commercial influences on, and impact of, engineering;
- have problem-solving skills and the ability to apply such skills by developing innovative solutions to society's practical needs;
- have developed the personal qualities and professional competencies of mechanical engineers
- are tailored to the needs of their company
Key areas of the programme
The primary focus of the Engineering Design and Manufacture Graduate Apprenticeship Programme is on developing the knowledge, understanding and skills outcomes sought by employers.
Engineering design and manufacturing principles
- Manufacturing with materials
- Engineering product design
- Computer aided design and analysis
- Electrical and electronic design principles
- Planning and design of manufacturing systems
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Design and manufacture applications
- Engineering IT
Engineering business and management
- Business functions, behaviours, ethics and courtesies
- Engineering design and manufacturing operations management
- Supply chain management
- Organisational behaviour
- Business strategy and management
- Business finance and accounting
- Industrial engineering
- Global manufacturing strategy
Personal and interpersonal
- Personal attributes
- Professional attributes
- Team working
Project and delivery management
- Project management methodologies
- Project planning
- Project execution
- Project risk assessment and management
Each of the four key content areas is combined to deliver a holistic learning experience.
Our graduates are specialist, creative, progessional, global citizens. The Engineering Design and Manufacture Graduate Apprenticeship Programme is taught by respected and experienced academics and business professionals. We are the only university offering Electronic stream options as part of the EDM programme.
With five campuses, in Edinburgh, Galashiels, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia, Heriot-Watt is a truly global community.
We already had a high-quality partnership with Heriot-Watt and we respect and appreciate their accessibility and practical approach. Our graduate apprentices gain a rigorous approach to problem-solving, which is important for Scotmas Group.
Heriot-Watt University is consistently ranked at a high level across a number of key university league tables.