Watt Ventures 2017
Are you a student?
Do you have an idea for a new business?
Then Watt Ventures is for you!
Heriot-Watt, in partnership with Santander Universities, will be running a business ideas competition for students to win up to £1,000.
We are looking for ideas from budding undergraduate and postgraduate student entrepreneurs from Heriot-Watt’s Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Malaysia and Dubai campuses to submit an application form and 1-minute video pitch to be in with a chance of winning one of our five cash prizes.
You can apply individually, or as part of a team, and must tell us about your idea by midnight (GMT) on Monday 20th February 2017 to be in with a chance of winning up to £1,000!
Our prizes are as follows:
- £250 – “country” prize (1 for Scotland, 1 for Malaysia & 1 for Dubai)
- Up to £500 – Best individual idea
- Up to £500 – Most innovative idea
- Up to £1,000 – Team prize
- iPad Air – Best web-based idea
How can you apply?
It's a simple 3-step process!
- Download and complete our short application form
- Film a 1-minute video pitch telling us about your idea
- Submit both via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The video can be shot on any camera, including a smartphone, and should ideally be uploaded to youtube as a private video with the link sent to us via email.
Watt Ventures 2017 - Pitching & Awards - Wednesday 15th March 2017
The finalists will pitch their idea in just 60-seconds in front of an esteemed judging panel and invited audience, after which the winners will be announced. A pre-recorded pitch from international campus finalists will be shown and judged at this event
▪ Dr Gillian Murray, Deputy Principal, Enterprise & Business, Heriot-Watt University
▪ Mr Derek Pattle, Experienced Businessman and Mentor
▪ Professor Laura Galloway, Dean of the University (Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences) and Professor of Business and Enterprise, Heriot-Watt University)
▪ Jonathan Powell, University Regional Manager, Santander Universities UK
Come along to meet our student's entrepreneurs and learn more about their business ideas. Who knows - one of them could be the next big thing!
Best of luck from the Watt Ventures team!