This recipe is full of flavour and a fun alternative to a take away!! I made this during my degree so it’s nice and easy - and it impresses dinner guests
94g all purpose flour
8 chicken thighs
3 large oranges
1 medium egg
¼ tsp of garlic salt
6 tbsp of caster sugar
5 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 minced cloves of garlic
1tsp rice vinegar
1tsp sesame seeds
Veggies- you choose!
Rice – for serving!
1. Make the batter – mix flour, egg, garlic salt, salt, pepper and water (79ml). In a separate bowl, coat the chicken in cornflour and then add it to the batter. Make sure it’s all coated!
2. Fry the chicken in a wok with hot oil. Do this in 2-3 batches to make sure it’s all perfectly crispy! Be sure to discard the oil carefully after removing the chicken.
3. Time for sauce! Mix orange juice, orange zest, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and rice vinegar and bubble it up in a hot wok until it thickens slightly
4. Add the chicken and toss until it is fully coated in sticky sauce! Stir fry your veggies and add them to the mix
5. Serve over boiled rice and top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.