- Job Ref
- Closing date
- GBP16289 –GBP17898 (Grade 3)
- Oriam Operations
- Full Time
About our team
Oriam provides professionals wishing to work in the sport fitness and physical activity sector a unique opportunity to be part of something special. To be part of our team you will need to display a desire for personal development whilst being committed to supporting talented individuals around you. Our business is built on the overarching attributes of diligence, hard work and team cohesion, qualities you should recognise in yourself.
As a Sales Assistant you will be responsible for implementing sales processes which will ensure we achieve the membership sales targets required. You will drive the sales on the ground through personal interactions with the customer. You should have an outgoing friendly manner and should be relaxed and able to put customers at ease.
You will support the work of the Sales and Marketing Manager and implement the sales processes which have been developed to ensure sales targets are met and retention of members is high. You will be responsible for attracting and converting customer enquiries into membership sales within this world class facility and should be experienced in working as part of a wider team ensuring exceptional customer service is adopted throughout and underpins our sales and marketing strategies.
You will also work closely with the Health and Fitness team to ensure your knowledge of our health and fitness products is exceptional and that you understand the customer journey.
Oriam promotes inspiration through the achievements and work ethic of its user groups. We require a Sales Assistant who can inspire customers to join this world class facility.
Key duties and responsibilities
As well as being able to demonstrate the core competencies of the organisation and the specialist competences required of the role there are a number of specific tasks that will be routinely required of the post holder. In addition the post holder is required to carry out any task necessary to ensure we continually deliver exceptional service to our customers.
- The job specific tasks are detailed below.
- Support the Sales and Marketing Manager to ensure that the facility achieves its membership targets.
- Carry out customer research to ensure we are servicing the needs of customers and ensuring that future developments meet our customer?s needs to maintain the growth of Oriam/business.
- Provide correct information to prospective members regarding the facilities, programming, policies and prices, in an efficient, friendly and professional manner.
- Communicate where necessary with prospects/members by phone, e-mail or letter.
- Recruit new members in order to achieve set sales targets.
- Support and assist the Sales and Marketing Manager with the preparation and implementation of the Sales Activity Calendar in order to generate awareness of the facility within the local catchment area.
- Achieve the minimum standards of activity in relation to completed telephone calls, club tour appointments and sales.
- Adhere to the sales systems and procedures.
- Adhere to the Sales & Membership Policy.
- Ensure Membership Terms & Conditions are thoroughly understood and are clearly communicated to both prospects/members.
- Ensure you have an exceptional knowledge of our health and fitness services and promote these to customers.
- Implement and follow retention procedures and maintain regular contact with customers who are falling away from activity.
- Cover the task of your team members as required to ensure front of house service is prioritised at all times.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum qualification: O level/GCSE or equivalent
The experience you must have:
E = Essential
D = Desirable
D Experience in a sales role in a similar environment.
D Experience and proven record of delivering exceptional customer service.
D Track record of meeting sales targets.
D Experience of meeting membership retention targets.
D Experience sales function within the sports or health and fitness industries.
The qualifications you must have or be prepared to work towards:
E = Essential
D = Desirable
E HND in customer service, reception, admin or a relevant discipline or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge through your professional development.
E Professional qualification/accreditations related to sales. (E or must be obtained within three months)
E Customer Service Qualification (E or must be obtained within 3 months of appointment).
E Demonstrate a progressive personal development programme of qualifications/ training relevant to your career.
How to apply
Applications for this vacancy should be made online through the Heriot-Watt University iRecruit system.
Applications can be submitted up to midnight (UK time) on 22 August Aug 2017.
Consideration will be given to applications on a part-time and/or job-share basis.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UKVI to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK. For further information on this please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website: https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas