Heriot-Watt University has a proud record of applying science to real-life issues. New Applied Geoscience appointments will be made for the Lyell Centre with the purpose to continue this long-standing tradition.
The aim is to apply innovation and technology to solve existing issues in Earth and Marine Science including those associated with the important challenges resulting from the competing need for Energy Supply, Resource Management, Safe Construction and their Environmental Impact.
We seek to populate the Lyell Centre with leading researchers under the umbrella of the following twelve themes:
- Applied Geophysics
- Characterising Subsurface Reservoirs
- Conventional Exploration
- Earth Observation and Quantification
- Enhanced Oil Recovery and Unconventional Hydrocarbons
- Geomatics (Remote Sensing & GIS)
- Marine & Quaternary Geoscience
- Petroleum Basin Analysis
- Risks, Hazards and Uncertainty
- Society, Economics and Policy
- Subsurface Monitoring