We seek to appoint a new member who is an individual with substantial contemporary academic experience in research gained in a higher education environment. Such an individual might, for example, have entrepreneurial experience in science, engineering and technology, or experience in a digital global context.
Court Committee positions - skills and experience sought:
Contemporary high level experience (preferably including international experience), skills and leadership are sought in the following areas:
- HR planning and change management (Staff Committee)
- IT infrastructure and/or leisure/hospitality provision (Infrastructure Committee)
- (NEW) experience gained in the context of students in tertiary education (student experience / student engagement / student representation) (Global Student Liaison Committee)
A combination of any of the above areas of expertise with experience involving either of the following would be advantageous:
- Fundraising and alumni relations
- Risk assessment / management and systems of control
It is important that applicants have:
- A strong track record in the area of expertise
- Experience of working, planning, influencing and decision-making in a strategically complex environment
- Evidence of successful leadership in a governance and collective decision-making context
- Evidence of ability and willingness to make the necessary time commitment
Court and Court committee positions are unpaid although reasonable out of pocket expenses will be paid in accordance with the University’s Travel and Expenses Policy
The closing date for submission of expressions of interest is Friday 21 June 2019.