Real Estate Management & Development MSc / Diploma
Property surveying is a diverse and exciting career choice that can give you the opportunity to travel the world and meet a wide range of people. Graduates from this programme now work globally in leading advisory roles for large consultancy firms, financial institutions and even national governments. Both our real estate programmes offered at the Dubai Campus present students an opportunity to gain a depth of technical and commercial knowledge. A key attraction of the surveying profession for many people is the fact that surveyors are not stuck behind their desks. Although typically office-based, you will have the opportunity to spend a great deal of time meeting people and visiting landmark buildings. Many surveyors travel extensively both nationally and across many parts of the globe.
This particular programme is offered as a graduate conversion course for students from a non-cognate background seeking a career in real estate, planning and development and property management, as well as many others.
The programme is made up of 8 core study courses and students typically undertake two courses per semester (part-time option) or four courses per semester (full-time option).
Our MSc in Real Estate Management and Development focuses on key professional areas including:
- Real Estate Appraisal and Valuation
- Spatial Planning (Urban)
- Real Estate Economics
- Construction Technology
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Investment Analysis
- Real Estate Management and Sustainability
In addition to the taught courses, students pursuing the MSc qualification undertake a research dissertation project, based on a property related theme or topic.
Programme delivery is based on a selection of academic staff and industry practitioners, allowing students to fully benefit from a wealth of knowledge and practical skills development. The programme is further benefitted by its international accreditation by the leading professional body of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) The majority of our graduates choose to complete this programme leading to qualification as a chartered surveyor in valuation, property management, urban planning and corporate real estate.
January intake: Please note that for the January intake only a part-time programme is being offered.
Postgraduate Masters level
- Bachelors Honours Degree Minimum of 2:2 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in cognate and semi-cognate subject area.
- For PG conversion programmes, non-cognate degrees will be considered. Corporate (or chartered) membership of relevant professional institutions will also be considered.
Postgraduate Diploma level
- Bachelors Degree: Third class honours degree in a cognate or semi-cognate subject area PLUS 2 years of relevant experience at an appropriate level completed post qualification.
- Bachelors Degree: Cognate or semi-cognate ordinary degree PLUS 3-4 years of relevant experience at an appropriate level following graduation.
- Candidates who do not meet the above entry requirements or have no formal academic qualifications will be considered individually based on their CV and interview. Admission via this route will be at the discretion of the Director of Admissions and the number of successful applicants will be restricted.
English language requirements
- Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 550 (paper-based exam); 213 (computer-based exam); 80 (internet-based exam).