International Business Management MSc / Diploma
The MSc in International Business Management with International Marketing, Human Resource Management and Finance has been designed to offer a wide range of students from different backgrounds a coherent programme of study in their discipline.
The programme will enable graduates to proceed to professional and managerial careers in either private or public sector. A postgraduate qualification in International Business Management would benefit those in business, engineering, IT or science whose job involves a management role.
Students take seven fundamental mandatory courses and choose one specialist pathway. There is also sufficient flexibility in provision for students to develop areas of interest to them, especially in the dissertation required for completion of the Master of Science degree.
All subjects take an international view of business, and focus on practical issues and current topics in management as well as key theories of management.
Students will study themes such as:
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Financial Analysis
- Work, Organisation and Culture
- Business Research Methods
- Business Economics
- Competitive Strategy
Plus one of the following pathways:
- International Marketing
- Human Resource Management
In addition to these taught courses, students pursuing the Masters qualification undertake a research project.
- Bachelors Honours degree A good first or second class Honours degree in a cognate or semicognate discipline.
- Postgraduate Diploma Attainment of 50% pass level in the MSc Strategic Project Management programme examinations.
- Professional/corporate membership Membership of a professional institution in a cognate discipline that normally requires an Honours degree for entry.
- Bachelors degree An Ordinary degree in a cognate or semicognate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma HND or equivalent qualification deemed suitable to third year entry of a cognate Bachelors degree, plus four years' relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Higher National Certificate HNC or equivalent qualification deemed suitable to second year entry of a cognate Bachelors degree, plus six years' relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Work experience Eight or more years' of relevant experience at a suitable level.
English language requirements
- Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English Language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 580 (paper-based exam); 213 (computer-based exam); 80 (internet-based exam).