Construction Project Management MSc / Diploma
In the global construction industry there is a very high level of demand for qualified construction project managers. This programme produces qualified project managers of the quality required by UK, Middle Eastern and global construction industries, both in terms of their immediate ability to perform and their longer term strategic potential.
Taught from the perspective of construction project management, with principles that apply far beyond this sector, this programme provides students with access to both a solid theoretical base and current and future strategies in practical project management.
The programme is accredited by both the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and by the Chartered Institute of Builders.
Full-time students undertake four courses in semester one and a further four courses in semester two.
Taught courses include:
- Project Management: Theory and Practice
- Project Management: Strategic Issues
- Contracts and Procurement
- Value and Risk Management
- People and Organisational Management
- Construction Financial Management
- Construction Practices and Information Technology
- Public Private Partnership Finance and Management
- Sustainable Practices for Facilities Management
In addition to these taught courses, students pursuing the Masters qualification undertake a research project. Students can study individual courses to meet the continued professional learning requirements of the built environment professions.
Postgraduate Masters level
- Bachelors Honours Degree A good first or second class Honours degree in a cognate or semicognate discipline.
- Postgraduate Diploma Attainment of 50% pass level in the MSc Construction Project Management programme examinations.
- Professional/corporate membership Membership of a professional institution in a cognate discipline that normally requires an Honours degree for entry.
Postgraduate Diploma level
- Bachelors Degree An Ordinary degree in a cognate or semicognate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma HND or equivalent qualification deemed suitable to third year entry of a cognate Bachelors degree, plus four years' relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Higher National Certificate HNC or equivalent qualification deemed suitable to second year entry of a cognate Bachelors degree, plus six years' relevant post-qualification work experience.
- Work experience Eight or more years' relevant work experience at a suitable level.
English language requirements
- Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English Language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 550 (paper-based exam); 213 (computer-based exam); 80 (internet-based exam)