Degree Entry Programme Engineering / Computer Systems
This programme provides a pathway into an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Computing at the Dubai Campus.
It is specifically designed as a foundation programme that will help you bridge the gap between your school qualifications and the demands of a university degree.
The programme will help you develop your subject knowledge, while providing a firm foundation in IT, research and writing skills, academic English, and assessment and examination techniques.
Students who complete the programme successfully will be able to progress directly into the first year of one of the following programmes, all of which are offered at the Dubai Campus:
- BEng (Hons) or MEng Architectural Engineering
- BEng or BEng (Hons) Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- BEng or BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Automotive Engineering
- BEng or BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BSc or BSc (Hons) Engineering and Management
- BSc Computer Systems
Students study the following subjects:
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Entry Physics
- Entry Mathematics
All students are examined via end of unit tests in December and June and must obtain a grade B or above as an overall pass rate to successfully complete the programme
- British GCE/IGCSE O-Levels CCCCC.
- Indian CBSE or equivalent 50% pass at Year 11.
- UAE Tawjihiyya 70%
- US American High School Diploma Pass.
- Africa WASSC (WAEC) CCCCC or SSC (NECO) CCCCC or equivalent.
- Philippines system Grade 10 – 85% or above.
- Compulsory subjects include Mathematics and Physics
English language requirements
- Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, you must demonstrate English Language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.0, TOEFL 515/65.