Degree Entry Programme Design Studies
This programme provides you with a unique pathway into an undergraduate degree programme in the School of Textiles & Design at the Dubai Campus.
It is specifically designed as a foundation programme that will help you bridge the gap between your school qualifications and the demands of a university degree.
The programme will help you develop your subject knowledge, while providing a firm foundation in IT, research and writing skills, academic English and assessment and examination techniques.
Students who complete the programme successfully will be able to progress directly into the first year of one of the following programmes, all of which are offered at the Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus:
Students study the following subjects:
- Introduction to Design Studies
- Academic English
- Approaches to Learning
- Business Management
- British GCE/IGCSE O-Levels CCCCC.
- Indian CBSE or equivalent 50% pass at Year 11.
- UAE Tawjihiyya 70%
- US American High School Diploma Pass.
- Africa WASSC (WAEC) CCCCC or SSC (NECO) CCCCC or equivalent.
English language requirements
- Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, you must demonstrate English Language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.0, TOEFL 515/65.